Skip to main content
Topic: hey, turbocoupe50 (Read 2206 times) previous topic - next topic

hey, turbocoupe50

Reply #15
Lets just say the only stock part is the '86 LSC short block...

List of mods here....

http://natomessageboard.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=16;t=000028

If you look at the 4cyl times, you'll see I have the quickest time on NATOs board :D (yea by a gnats ass). Guess if the 1/2 motor guys catch me, I'll have to dig out the blue bottle and up the ante a little...:rollin:

BTW I see the nitrous shot is listed as 90hp on NATOs board, I really don't know what it was. It was jetted for 75hp on a stock HO. From the times I ran, it was definatly giving more on a free breathing engine... Thinking back now the 150 shot was probably actually closer to 180hp... No wonder the Nittos were unhappy...

hey, turbocoupe50

Reply #16
wow, how much did all those mods cost?!?!  you have one impressive car!!
1988 LX coupe. a dressed up motor with full exhaust and BBK shorties with flowmasters, BBK CAI, accufab 65mm tb, HO upper intake, cobra valve covers.

hey, turbocoupe50

Reply #17
In the 9+ years I've owned the car I've spent roughly $9000 on it(that includes the original purchase price of $1215). It could be done a good bit cheaper buying used parts, but when I did the swap back in '99, the good Hi-Po stuff was hard to find second hand. I got to be on a first name basis with the sales guys at Summit and Jegs...:rollin: (Also the UPS guy)

hey, turbocoupe50

Reply #18
haha they knew you by name:rollin: thats pretty cool
so i take it the pistons you have right now are bowled. can twisted wedge heads work on flat tops?
1988 LX coupe. a dressed up motor with full exhaust and BBK shorties with flowmasters, BBK CAI, accufab 65mm tb, HO upper intake, cobra valve covers.

hey, turbocoupe50

Reply #19
i belive it's the 90-93 aod's maybe 89 was the new Vb change. it has the B overdrive servo nothing special. but better than the C that birds and cougars got. im not sure about the extra clutch. if you want to stay auto and keep OD. forget the aod. it'sa to much of a gamble skip the aode beter than the aod but still pr0ne to failure. grab a tranny out of a 99+ V6 mustang (forgot the name) and get the controller for it i'll look for the link after i post. thats the best bet

http://www.baumannengineering.com/aodcat.htm
trick flow street heat intake , 24lbs injetors, ported GT-40's (Chip) long tube headers. and a Performance Automatic C4, with a hurst shifter!

hey, turbocoupe50

Reply #20
Pistons are flattop... No bowl, dimples or valve relifs...(had a pix, but it's on another computer).

SC AODs use the "A" servo... Ain't really important though, it's just for O/D... I don't race in O/D...

hey, turbocoupe50

Reply #21
oo ok, because i noticed that you have a trick flow cam in your car. so can i have a trickflow cam in my engine if i get twisted wedge heads too?

hey, turbocoupe50

Reply #22
TC50, can you list every part number from the summit catalog so i can have an exact replica of your car please? I cant think for myself.
It's Gumby's fault.