Skip to main content
Topic: code 41 (Read 2485 times) previous topic - next topic

code 41

anyone ever had to struggle with clearing eec code 41?

yes it could be a dirty 02,,, shop manual indicates I may be running lean as well.
Fuel pres is fine under load and in park.. I did not test fuel pressure while driving though because I haven't modified my tester to make the hose longer.

code 41

Reply #1
If possible have you swapped the O2's from right to left to see if the code follows the HEGO?

Darren

83 351W TKO'd T-Bird on the bottle

93 331 Mustang Coupe - 368 rwhp

code 41

Reply #2
Quote from: Aerocoupe;452724
If possible have you swapped the O2's from right to left to see if the code follows the HEGO?

Darren

Try this first. If the code follows the HEGO just get a new one (or pair).
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

code 41

Reply #3
well, the code 41 I look up in the shop manuals don't tell me "which one"..

code 41

Reply #4
Is the car a V8?

Darren

83 351W TKO'd T-Bird on the bottle

93 331 Mustang Coupe - 368 rwhp

code 41

Reply #5
Quote from: jcassity;452736
well, the code 41 I look up in the shop manuals don't tell me "which one"..

41 - System Indicates Lean -passenger side(KOER), No o2 Sensor Switching Detected. always lean -passenger side(M)
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

code 41

Reply #6
I had this problem when i still had emissions testing when i still lived in the city. At a higher idle it went away, so i just raised the idle.

Few weeks ago my car started running like . I got o2's map sensor and tps. After replacing the map sensor it ran normally and o2 codes went away.
Quote from: jcassity
I honestly dont think you could exceed the cost of a new car buy installing new *stock* parts everywhere in your coug our tbird. Its just plain impossible. You could revamp the entire drivetrain/engine/suspenstion and still come out ahead.
Hooligans! 
1988 Crown Vic wagon. 120K California car. Wifes grocery getter. (junked)
1987 Ford Thunderbird LX. 5.0. s.o., sn-95 t-5 and an f-150 clutch. Driven daily and going strong.
1986 cougar.
lilsammywasapunkrocker@yahoo.com

code 41

Reply #7
Quote from: thunderjet302;452743
41 - System Indicates Lean -passenger side(KOER), No o2 Sensor Switching Detected. always lean -passenger side(M)

your right,, it does
I missed that.

code 41

Reply #8
o2 sensors totally fixed the several year long intermittent bucking !!!!!!!!!!!!!!  excellent.

now problem 2,, I actually have to install them in the pipes

thanks

code 41

Reply #9
Quote from: jcassity;453435
o2 sensors totally fixed the several year long intermittent bucking !!!!!!!!!!!!!!  excellent.

now problem 2,, I actually have to install them in the pipes

thanks

How did it fix the issue if the oxygen sensors aren't in the exhaust?

code 41

Reply #10
bucking is gone,, something changed.  makes no sense to me other than these are clean and the others are probably dirty?