Skip to main content
Topic: 1st post (Read 2951 times) previous topic - next topic

1st post

Reply #15
Thanks everyone for your welcome.

I'm still going to take my time and weigh the pro's and cons
of fixing  v/s getting another car.

either way  I plan on a 351 so i would probably tear apart either car to beef up the frame and re-weld any joints that i can find

as for my old car. the repair would only cost the price of sheet metal. i can bend up anything i need for replacement panels and rockers. in may be stronger with the new metal. i noticed the sheet metal is very thin on an 87 88 cars

I think i'm going to try to blast some of the rust off of the frame this weekend if i have time and see what i end up with i'll add more pics as i go along

jerry

btw.. will mustang floor pans work at least on the front
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
***** Project "EVOLUTION" 1987 Cougar LS  & 1985 Cougar Convertible *****
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Pretty much every panel on my 87 is new, rebuilt, or re constructed. :D
Join us on Facebook

1st post

Reply #16
I still think you'll be much further ahead if you just find another donor shell.
Long live the 4-eyes!  - '83 Tbird Turbo

1st post

Reply #17
Yep, looks like the grasshoppers had a feast on that undercarriage. Looks like a good parts car though. Yeah, you can save it. It'll take a lot of time, a lot of effort, some cussing, and a ton of money, but it's not a totally lost cause. Just a lot easier and cheaper to find a better shell.

You been lurking here how long? And you still didn't bring chips? I'm disappointed. ;)

Welcome to the boards. Learn, teach and entertain. Post often, post smart or post funny. You can try all three but no one else around here can pull off the hat trick on a regular basis. I suggest you pick one style and stick with it. :D

1st post

Reply #18
sorry, i got hungry while lurking.
 i had them.  honest
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Join us on Facebook

1st post

Reply #19
Alright, I forgive you. But you'll have to make it up at CatJam next year.

When I joined I had several varieties of chips on hand. No one asked so I ate them myself. Gained 5lbs. I'd hate to see someone else have to go though that. ;)

1st post

Reply #20
I don't think my car will make it to the next catjam

its kinda flintstone like at the moment.

on the up side i don't have to spring for an air conditioning recharge
and its now got a built in garbage shute
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook

1st post

Reply #21
Anyone remember this rust bucket of a car? LOL

So it's been a year since I took some pics, and got a crazy idea in my head to fix my car. I got to say, it doesn't seem like a year. I had planned to do a quick fix and get her on the road again, but you know how that goes. One thing leads to another, and pretty soon you realize that you just replaced most of your car. LOL
Anyway, I just thought I would mark this day as the official "Evolution" anniversary. and the start of the rebirth of my car.
If your new to the group, or if you want to take a ride down memory lane.
http://www.foxtbirdcougarforums.com/showthread.php?t=17304

So, your probably wondering where I've been, and why now updates?
To make a long story short, The rest of the project hinged on putting in more driveway for parking. I added about a 20 x 50 area for parking
I acspoogeulated to many vehicles this year. LOL
so the driveway is in and now I can pull my car out and paint the garage floor before winter. I'm not going that route ever again. I can also pull the parts and motor out of the parts bird, without  it sinking in the mud.  So I should be back to working on the car this Saturday.
Oh yea, and I needed a rest from the car too. It's been a whole year of working on it. LOL

Glad to be part of the group.
Jerry
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook

1st post

Reply #22
No one saw this coming... Look at all the post and look where you are. Its insane what you have done.
1986 Cougar LS

1st post

Reply #23
Quote from: FLSTCI71;182622
If it's that important to you to have THAT car, then by all means fix it.

I never asked for a reply to my recommendation, so I will consider your progress as an official "In your face!" :D Congrats on the last year and good luck for the next!!
1987 Turbo Coupe - Son's car
1987 Super Coupe - Son's project car
1934 Ford - My project car

1st post

Reply #24
If you were a really hot chick,and you were right here in front of me,I'd hug you (the wife wouldn't allow anything else.LOL).BUT,since you're not a hot chick,and you're way up north,no hugs for you.Love the work on the Cat,though.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

1st post

Reply #25
Jerry, It's a pleasure to look at the way your (Cougar) has been slowly getting put back together...plus with all of your photo's of that hard work you've put into you can always go back and reflect on the outcome as a reward to yourself. Way to go and Congrats !! :D

1st post

Reply #26
You are definitely the man Jerry!

1st post

Reply #27
I think I may celebrate this weekend by welding the quarter panel on the car.
and for those who like to see pics.........
I did this all by hand. I can park 2 cars, side by side next to the garage.

Not sure if anyone remembers what my car used to look like.
Here's the before.
I know I couldn't remember. LOL
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook

1st post

Reply #28
Ok happy anniversary! now get some work done lol.
Old Grey Cat to this.88 Cat, 5.0 HO, CW mounts, mass air, CI custom cam, afr165's, Tmoss worked cobra intake, BBK shorty's,off road h pipe, magnaflow ex. T-5,spec stage 2 clutch, 8.8 373 TC trac loc, che ajustables with bullits on the rear. 11" brakes up front. +

1st post

Reply #29
Quote from: kitzdnm;239446
Ok happy anniversary! now get some work done lol.

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]