Skip to main content
Topic: New toy (Read 1630 times) previous topic - next topic

New toy

Wife and I drove out to Hamilton Ohio two weeks ago to pick up our new toy. Got 20 mpg on the way out empty, 11.5 on the way home towing.
Covered a little over 1700 miles round trip. Drove out in one day, took three days coming home with overnight stops in Mercer PA and Plattekill NY.X

Rick
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
1988 T/C body with a 5.0 transplant. Motor has a Vortech V-2 supercharger, Edlebrock Performer RPM II intake, heads, FRPP F-303 cam, Comp Cams roller rockers, Power Pipe, LMAF, full Mac exhaust, lowered, Koni's, 5 lug conversion, Cobra wheels, 13" Cobra brakes, etc.
SOLD September 2020. Will miss this car after 19 years of building/driving/showing it off. Time for a new chapter in my life.
Dynoed 446 horse/409 torque at the wheels.
2003 Tenth Anniversary Cobra Convertible. 1 of 369 Torch Red made.
2021 Chevrolet 3500 dually, crew cab Duramax.

New toy

Reply #1
Nice looking rig.  I'd love to have a camper someday when I retire to travel all over the US.  I have plenty of time to dream as I don't retire for another 30 years...lol.
'88 'bird, 10.9:1 306 w/TFS top end, forged rods/pistons, T-5 swap & bunch of other stuff, 1-family owned, had it since ‘98, 5.0tbrd88 on Instagram and YouTube

New toy

Reply #2
Current plans are for my wife and I to retire in three years and we are going to see the good ol' USA.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
1988 T/C body with a 5.0 transplant. Motor has a Vortech V-2 supercharger, Edlebrock Performer RPM II intake, heads, FRPP F-303 cam, Comp Cams roller rockers, Power Pipe, LMAF, full Mac exhaust, lowered, Koni's, 5 lug conversion, Cobra wheels, 13" Cobra brakes, etc.
SOLD September 2020. Will miss this car after 19 years of building/driving/showing it off. Time for a new chapter in my life.

New toy

Reply #3
8 years, 4 months, 12 days..... Although I plan on staying for an extra 2 and tacking my military time onto my pension ( I have to pay a one time fee for that).

No, I'm not counting at all......LOL!
-- 05 Mustang GT-Whipplecharged !!
--87 5.0 Trick Flow Heads & Intake - Custom Cam - Many other goodies...3100Lbs...Low12's!

New toy

Reply #4
Quote from: V8Demon;435746
8 years, 4 months, 12 days..... Although I plan on staying for an extra 2 and tacking my military time onto my pension ( I have to pay a one time fee for that).

No, I'm not counting at all......LOL!

Technically I can retire in 22 years when I'm 50. I don't see that being the case or even possible by that time. I figure I'll work into my 60s at least. My dad retired at 59. Now he's bored and basically bugs me when I'm not at work :rollin:.
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

New toy

Reply #5
Quote from: gtbird;435724
Wife and I drove out to Hamilton Ohio two weeks ago to pick up our new toy. Got 20 mpg on the way out empty, 11.5 on the way home towing.
Covered a little over 1700 miles round trip. Drove out in one day, took three days coming home with overnight stops in Mercer PA and Plattekill NY.X

Rick

Nice camper. Is it a pop out?
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

New toy

Reply #6
Welcome to the life style. You've done your homework on high end 5ers. You may want to check out the forum link below for some good reading. We have been in the game for 30+ years.  We have a Travel Supreme and LOVE it.

http://www.irv2.com/forums/
84 COUGAR/90 HO, 1.7RRs, performer RPM,700DP, equal length shorties, stainless EXH ,T-5,Hurst pro-billet, KC clutch, 8.8/ 4.10s, line-lok, bla ,bla, bla.
71 COMET/289,351w heads, 12.5 TRWs, 750DP, Liberty TL, 9"/6.00s, 11.9x @112 , bla,bla,bla.

Never shoot your mouth off, unless your brain is loaded! ....I may get older, but I'll never grow up!....If you're not laughing, you're not living!  :laughing:

New toy

Reply #7
Quote from: thunderjet302;435760
Nice camper. Is it a pop out?

It has three slides. The best feature I like is the self-leveling system. Push a button and the hydraulics go to work and in a minute or two the unit is perfectly level front to back and side to side. System claims to level the coach to within a tenth of an inch.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

New toy

Reply #8
Quote from: QUICKSHIFT;435780
Welcome to the life style. You've done your homework on high end 5ers. You may want to check out the forum link below for some good reading. We have been in the game for 30+ years.  We have a Travel Supreme and LOVE it.

http://www.irv2.com/forums/

We've been RV'ing for over twenty years now, kids are grown and my wife and I still enjoy it very much and look forward to seeing the country. This is our second fifth wheel. I'll check out the link, thanks.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

New toy

Reply #9
Quote from: gtbird;435801
It has three slides. The best feature I like is the self-leveling system. Push a button and the hydraulics go to work and in a minute or two the unit is perfectly level front to back and side to side. System claims to level the coach to within a tenth of an inch.

That's pretty  cool :).

New toy

Reply #10
Quote from: gtbird;435724
...with overnight stops in Mercer PA and Plattekill NY.

I'm not far from Mercer…wish we'd have known, could have met up!
Nice score. My neighbors has one, they use the living  out of it and absolutely love it. Enjoy!

New toy

Reply #11
Nice set up there for sure, we just purchased our first camper this year, a 2010 north trail 28ft bumper pull.  We like it the camping seen, pretty fun.