Skip to main content
Topic: Can we add guidelines and tips to the sticky here? (Read 1718 times) previous topic - next topic

Can we add guidelines and tips to the sticky here?

I am getting tired of reading posts selling or wanting parts and cars where the member does not have their location in their profile AND the thread itself.  There have been some other consistent annoyances but no need to go into it.  Does anyone else feel that some simple guidelines and tips added to what is already in the sticky would at least provide an improved chance of a more comprehensive sale/wanted thread?  I mean, the author would still have to read it so we all know that's not 100% guaranteed but it would probably be read by some prior to creating a thread.

Here is what the Mark 8 board has as a sticky in the Sale/Wanted section just to give an idea of what may be helpful:

Quote from: callouie

General Guidelines/Rules

If you are considering placing an ad here, here are a few tips:

1. If you're selling a car, please post at least the basics. Color, mileage, year, LOCATION, price, and so on. If you skip the details here, you'll be making more posts to fill in the gaps later, when people start asking questions, some of who might not even be interested if it's on the other side of the country.

2. Pictures truly *are* worth a thousand words. Whenever possible, include a picture(s) of the car/items.

3. If looking for cars/parts, it's often useful to include where YOU are located and how far you're willing to go for a purchase.

4. When the car/part is sold, or if you don't want any further inquiries, drop me or any of the other moderators an email, and we'd be happy to delete the ad.

5. We strictly prohibit any links to auction sites. There are no exceptions to this. If you would like to list something here, and if it doesn't sell, take it to eBay, great! Just don't link to your auction on this site.
"lol.. because not too many people care for that style of car"
[size=-2]Click on paw print \/[/size]

Re: Can we add guidelines and tips to the sticky here?

Reply #1
Good idea. I'll get on it immediately
2015 Mustang GT Premium - 5.0, 6-speed, Guard Green - too much awesome for one car

1988 5.0 Thunderbird :birdsmily: SOLD SEPT 11 2010: TC front clip/hood ♣ Body & paint completed Oct 2007 ♣ 3.55 TC rear end and front brakes ♣ TC interior ♣ CHE rear control arms (adjustable lowers) ♣ 2001 Bullitt springs ♣ Energy suspension poly busings ♣ Kenne Brown subframe connectors ♣ CWE engine mounts ♣ Thundercat sequential turn signals ♣ Explorer overhead console (temp/compass display) ♣ 2.25" off-road dual exhaust ♣ T-5 transmission swap completed Jan 2009 ♣

Reply #2
Quote from: Thunder Chicken
Good idea. I'll get on it immediately

, that was fast.  Thanks!
"lol.. because not too many people care for that style of car"
[size=-2]Click on paw print \/[/size]

Reply #3
I don't see why you can't link to ebay sites. If I was selling something related to fox tbirds or cougars and not getting any hits, why can't I post it here, where someone who wants what I'm selling could see it, and wouldn't have seen it otherwise?

edit: nevermind, doesn't apply here, but i still don't see why it's like that on other places  :screwy: