Skip to main content
Topic: Has anyone had any experence with one of these (Read 2489 times) previous topic - next topic

Has anyone had any experence with one of these

http://www.cardomain.com/item/SCOFAI3

Sounds pretty good but i dont know it seems very promising and i do want to get my JVC el Kamellion installed sometime this century.

And may this be a problem, keeping in mind that i have an 87 cougar

http://www.cardomain.com/item/SCOFD01B

And they actually have a harness for the 87's but its non premium and well i have the premium sound.

Re: Has anyone had any experence with one of these

Reply #1
I just said screw the factory  and ran wires to all the speakers myself. I didn't want to mess with the factory amp and whatnot, and it was just a lot easier to do it all myself

Reply #2
Well i suck at electronics and dont need to screw my car up anymore than what i have done so in other words im a  :dunce: when it comes to electronics and have had one hell of a  :screwy:  time trying to get the JVC in.

Reply #3
yeah i got one of the new JVC'S in my 86,just buy the wiring harness,for your year,make,model etc..and snap them into your existing harness for your radio and just splice them together,most of the kits are color coded.you will probably have to modify your radio bezel,atleast i did on my 86.

Reply #4
I have already tryed that i have the schemetacis for the whole system and had my brother try and help me but to no avail.I hate the premium sound system ....now.

Reply #5
Wow thats pretty cool, and i thought they would never make something to interface with our factory common ground speaker system.

Reply #6
What I did on the premium sound in my 88 bird is made my own harness that pluged into the rca outputs on the back of the radio.

I just cut the ends off a set of rca cables striped the wires back and connected those to the wire harness you get from the store.

Reply #7
aight i did my system myself in my car every single wire and every square inch in my 87 thunderbird, i ran into more problems than u could imagine right down to the very end. my car didnt work for about 3 months with electrical problems after i did this, n now its running better than ever cause i know everything i did n did wrong. the best way to put a headuinit in n speakers is to use a harnes for the power, ground, acce n dimmer, then run ur own speaker wires its a no brainer, since ur running it colors dont matter just know which one goes where n stuff other wise your fade and such will be off. if u tell me whats not working on it im sure i ran into the same problem and can tell you how to do it, i started with a non factory stereosystem with no harness and had to start from nothing and no my system works 100% perfect subs and amped speakers never had a problem