Skip to main content
Topic: *urgent!* Brake line repair (Read 1652 times) previous topic - next topic

*urgent!* Brake line repair

I was just coming home from work till my a hose that's under the hood next to the booster labeled "S" came lose. Is there away of fixing it?

Reply #1
isn't it a rubber vac hose?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
***** Project "EVOLUTION" 1987 Cougar LS  & 1985 Cougar Convertible *****
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Pretty much every panel on my 87 is new, rebuilt, or re constructed. :D
Join us on Facebook

Reply #2
It is. The clip broke off actually. My neighbor just came home and wanted to know what was wrong. She's got some rubber and plastic glue, so may be that will help.

Reply #3
i'm guessing it broke off the end that plugs into the booster? don't waste your time trying to glue it back together, just grab 1 from the junkyard.. the parts store may even have them in stock
ShadowMSC.com < < Still Under Construction

R.I.P. 'Zump' 8/29/86 - 11/11/11
3- 87 TC's / 1 really mean 83 Capri RS / 94 Sonoma SAS Project on 37x12.50 TSL Radials / 88 S10 that's LITERALLY cut to pieces / 84 F150 SAS, 351M, 39.5 TSL's / 85 Toyota regular cab, 22R 5spd, 3/4" drop, my little junkyard save/daily driver

Reply #4
You can get a generic vacuum manifold in the help/dorman section.
Quote from: jcassity
I honestly dont think you could exceed the cost of a new car buy installing new *stock* parts everywhere in your coug our tbird. Its just plain impossible. You could revamp the entire drivetrain/engine/suspenstion and still come out ahead.
Hooligans! 
1988 Crown Vic wagon. 120K California car. Wifes grocery getter. (junked)
1987 Ford Thunderbird LX. 5.0. s.o., sn-95 t-5 and an f-150 clutch. Driven daily and going strong.
1986 cougar.
lilsammywasapunkrocker@yahoo.com

Reply #5
Quote from: lionman;374348
It is. The clip broke off actually. My neighbor just came home and wanted to know what was wrong. She's got some rubber and plastic glue, so may be that will help.

Use bubblegum and tinfoil, lasts longer.

Do you have any friends with Mustangs? Borrow their car, go to the store, swap the piece out with your bad one, return car.

LOL
'84 Mustang
'98 Explorer 5.0
'03 Focus, dropped a valve seat. yay. freakin' split port engines...
'06 Explorer EB 4.6

Reply #6
Quote from: ThunderbirdSport302;374414
Use bubblegum and tinfoil, lasts longer.

Do you have any friends with Mustangs? Borrow their car, go to the store, swap the piece out with your bad one, return car.

LOL

I may go to a junk yard and find one Monday. At the moment I have to get a belt replaced. Belt broke.

Reply #7
Are you talking about the nipple in the brake booster, or a nipple on the vacuum tree that's broken?
William

Reply #8
Quote from: 88 Blackbird 5.0;374533
Are you talking about the nipple in the brake booster, or a nipple on the vacuum tree that's broken?

on the vacuum tree.

Reply #9
That's good news then, because removing the check valve from your brake booster has a way of ruining the booster.  Every time I've done that, the booster failed.
William