Skip to main content
Topic: Radio Install Help (Read 1177 times) previous topic - next topic

Radio Install Help

I ne
I spend money I don't have, To build  cars I don't need, To impress people I don't know

HAVE YOU DRIVEN A FORD LATELY!!

Radio Install Help

Reply #1
That Explorer radio was manufactured by Pioneer for Ford and because of the high volume of radios ordered, Pioneer cheapened out and cold-soldered the boards inside the radio. The end result: pretty much a 100% failure rate on the display. Been there, done that. Had a guy out in Seattle redo my radio for a measly $80 (that was with shipping) and it has been perfect ever since. And I mean perfect. I would highly recommend getting that radio reworked if you're going to keep it. Unfortunately I cannot find his information but here is a site that can help:
http://www.shareamemory.com/radio/

As for retrofitting that into a Thunderbird or Cougar...I imagine a wiring mess, but I'm sure it can be done with shop manuals.

Radio Install Help

Reply #2
Than
I spend money I don't have, To build  cars I don't need, To impress people I don't know

Radio Install Help

Reply #3
I just remembered that the guy's info is on a sticker on top of the radio...if you need it, let me know and I'll remove the radio when I get home tonight.

Radio Install Help

Reply #4
Thanks a