Skip to main content
Topic: 1988 Mercury Cougar- Lowering spring- Help? (Read 435 times) previous topic - next topic

1988 Mercury Cougar- Lowering spring- Help?

I need help?? do you think a 1988 mustang lowering spring will work on a 88 cougar?

Reply #1
Why did you start another thread? You could have asked this in the other thread. A 5.8 is not much heavyer than a 5.0. The srings in a 83 and 88 should be the same.
88 Cougar LS 5.0 .030 over, ported E7s with GT40 valves & trickflow springs, Proform roller rockers, HO cam, removed air silencer, K&N filter, smog pump delete, 2.25" dual flowmasters, Pacestter H-pipe & headers, HO computer, 65mm TB, Explorer intake, 19# injecters, 3.45s, rebuilt posi, and TCI shift kit.

Reply #2
I used mach springs all the way around and it lowered the car a lot I think that if I would have not went with the lower adjustable ride height arms in the rear I would be rubbing all the time now the only time I hear it rub is going threw a sever dip at high speed
87 TC
HO Swap, T5 Swap, Mach Springs, CHE Upper and Lower control arms, Mach Chin spoiler, soon to be Procharged.

:evilgrin: Nitrous is like a hot chick with an STD you want to hit it but are scared of the consequences. :evilgrin: