Skip to main content
Topic: are these speakers any good (Read 4160 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: are these speakers any good

Reply #15
i know its amazing i was looking on pioneers website and the numbers on the back of the amp did not match the wal-mart's pioneer amplifier?

Reply #16
i would think they would to, i bought a pioneer amp from wal-mart and it burned up and i contacted pioneer and gave them the stamp code and they denied it was from there company. and the amp code was different from the real pioneer.

Reply #17
I've heard that Wal-Mart car audio stuff is made with cheaper components, something like that.  Kid that used to work there told me, so I dunno.  I guess part numbers or UPC's are sligthly different than they would be in a different retail box.

Reply #18
its not that its ripoff stuff, its just the shiznit from the bottom of the barrel

just like the bikes, i go in there, and laugh at these "ultra tough BMX bikes" from mongoose, then you go into a bike shop, and look at a 600 dollar mongoose, just because its mongoose doesnt mean itll be a good bike
It's Gumby's fault.

Reply #19
i had a mongoos solution once...now i ride DH and urban/freeride...03' Santa Cruz Bullit W/ 04' Marzocchi Shiver.....not that anybody cares.

i have no doubts that wallmart sells a "lower shelf" version of the pioneer stuff. its just garabage. you can get the same stuff on ebay for very cheep money. but what about the stuff at Best Buy, Circuit City and other outlets like that. all the products look the same and many have the same part/catalog number.....?

can anybody suggest a really good all around 3 way 6x9?
:america: 1988 Thunderbird Sport, Former 4.6 DOHC T56 conversion project.

Rest of the country, Welcome to Massachusettes. Enjoy your stay.

Halfbreed... Mango Orange Y2K Mustang GT
FRPP complete 2000 Cobra engine swap, T56 n' junk...
~John~

Reply #20
I have an opinion to offer.  I Have extensive experience with car audio,  and I'll be the first to tell you that Pioneer speakers......Most of them anyways, are .  I run the following setup in my bird:
Eclipse 8volt CD deck
Focal Utopia series seperates in the front:
    X2  (1 6" woofer, 1 3"woofer, 1 1.5 inch super tweeter)
2 Boston 6" coaxials in the rear deck
2 JL audio 12W7 subs in a custom box sealed into the cabin

Amps:
1 audisson VRX 400X6
1 audisson VRX 200X4

Now if you are lookimg for a coax 3 way 6X9 for a good price, buy yourself a set of Memphis Mclass 6X9s.  Great sound, Deep bass, and excellent power handling.  Plus they are made out of better material than a lot of supposedly "Good speakers".
88 TC, Lots of Mods.