Skip to main content
Topic: $5 what the hell is up with gas? (Read 2558 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: $5 what the hell is up with gas?

Reply #30
OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG

Teh nuze sed gaz wood go up!

Reply #31
Teh nuze sed gaz wood go up!

:rollin:
One 88

Reply #32
I don't know if it was from the rumors or from it being Friday afternoon, but the local Hess station (probably the busiest in town normally) was absolutely MOBBED with people trying to top off. We weren't even going in there for gas.. and I took one look and said no f'n way were we going to try to drive through the mob.

Reply #33
So then, after a few days of this panic buying all over North America in response to "a friend of a friend of a friend's dog told me it was going up to $75/gallon in ten minutes", let me ask this question:

Has anybody here actually seen, or better yet, paid[/i] these so-called high prices that everyone is terrified of?

I mean, seriously. I have had several people tell me that they know someone who saw $1.79/liter in Halifax, and even my brother has called me and told me that it's at $1.80/liter in Borden, Ontario, but nobody I've talked to, including my brother, has actually seen or paid these prices.

And now, to make it worse, the oil companies are saying that this panic buying might actually cause a price spike because the sudden rise in demand will strain stocks. On the surface this might seem to make sense, but giving it a little thought quicly reveals that this is just another excuse for potential future gouging. This is because if everyone fills up today it might squeeze stocks, but nobody will be filling up tomorrow, or Sunday, or Monday, so the decreased demand over the next few days should even out the high demand yesterday and today. After all, at the end of the week, we're still burning the same amount of gas, whether we buy it today or tomorrow.
2015 Mustang GT Premium - 5.0, 6-speed, Guard Green - too much awesome for one car

1988 5.0 Thunderbird :birdsmily: SOLD SEPT 11 2010: TC front clip/hood ♣ Body & paint completed Oct 2007 ♣ 3.55 TC rear end and front brakes ♣ TC interior ♣ CHE rear control arms (adjustable lowers) ♣ 2001 Bullitt springs ♣ Energy suspension poly busings ♣ Kenne Brown subframe connectors ♣ CWE engine mounts ♣ Thundercat sequential turn signals ♣ Explorer overhead console (temp/compass display) ♣ 2.25" off-road dual exhaust ♣ T-5 transmission swap completed Jan 2009 ♣

Reply #34
I saw one street worth of gas stations raise their prices to $1.79 a liter in Winnipeg today.  This lasted only one hour.  The local TV stations said (in a few more words) that these s were trying to take advantage of the media hype.

Everywhere else in town regular has remained at 99 cents per liter.

Last night I found the hype rediculus.  I have never in my life seen all 10 stations on one street run out of fuel AT ONE TIME.