Skip to main content
Topic: Door lock solenoids (Read 1300 times) previous topic - next topic

Door lock solenoids

Are they interchangeable?

My driver’s door lock solenoid went out and I don’t have a spare.  I do have one for the passenger side but will it work?

Thanks.

Re: Door lock solenoids

Reply #1
I had one go out on my T-Bird and ended up putting a $9 universal one in. It involved a bit of work, but I like custom work anyway :D
2015 Mustang GT Premium - 5.0, 6-speed, Guard Green - too much awesome for one car

1988 5.0 Thunderbird :birdsmily: SOLD SEPT 11 2010: TC front clip/hood ♣ Body & paint completed Oct 2007 ♣ 3.55 TC rear end and front brakes ♣ TC interior ♣ CHE rear control arms (adjustable lowers) ♣ 2001 Bullitt springs ♣ Energy suspension poly busings ♣ Kenne Brown subframe connectors ♣ CWE engine mounts ♣ Thundercat sequential turn signals ♣ Explorer overhead console (temp/compass display) ♣ 2.25" off-road dual exhaust ♣ T-5 transmission swap completed Jan 2009 ♣

Re: Door lock solenoids

Reply #2
I believe they are interchangeable (been a while, not positive).  I DO remeber that the mounting arm that it was attached to swivelled and you could ajust the height and position on the little armature that attaches to the rod going to the lock.
-- 05 Mustang GT-Whipplecharged !!
--87 5.0 Trick Flow Heads & Intake - Custom Cam - Many other goodies...3100Lbs...Low12's!