Skip to main content
Topic: 13"ers Are Here! (Read 1962 times) previous topic - next topic

13"ers Are Here!

After 2 attempts, I have ALL the parts now for the bigger brakes.:burnout: 1st time I ordered the calipers, 1 was plain n the other had the cobra logo. 2nd set of calipers were both plain. Both times, the brackets came with. :D

Now the fun begins, swapping out the k-member and the tubular lca's. I'm going to paint all the calipers before installing them. If I can locate my camera charger, I'll get pics of them afterwards.

86' T/C 4.6L DOHC
16' Chebby Cruze 1.4L Turbo
17’ Peterbilt 389 600hp 1850ftlb Trq 18spd

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Heavy Metal Mistress”
[/COLOR][/SIZE]

13"ers Are Here!

Reply #1
Yay, progress. Havent seen many updates from you lately, glad to see thats changing.
gumby - beauty may fade, but stupid is forever!

13"ers Are Here!

Reply #2
beat me to it, jerk.
1988 T-Bird LX- Awaiting HO build, Monster "Eat My Shift" AOD rated 550Hp. BBK ceramic shorties, Jegs mustang (catless) H-Pipe. mustang catback modified axle back for tbird, 94 17" Cobra wheels, 98 'Stang GT 8.8 Traction-lock

13"ers Are Here!

Reply #3
I wish i pulled the ones out from advance, after you said one was embossed I was worried I would run into the same with the reman fencos. Time will tell i guess!
1988 T-Bird LX- Awaiting HO build, Monster "Eat My Shift" AOD rated 550Hp. BBK ceramic shorties, Jegs mustang (catless) H-Pipe. mustang catback modified axle back for tbird, 94 17" Cobra wheels, 98 'Stang GT 8.8 Traction-lock

13"ers Are Here!

Reply #4
Quote from: gumby;368282
Yay, progress. Havent seen many updates from you lately, glad to see thats changing.
Ya, I'm not driving over the road currently. I've been trying to get some things done on the beast. I'm working in a body shop now and I have a few parts there.

Quote from: blain_gatterdam;368283
beat me to it, jerk.
ROFLMFAO

Quote from: blain_gatterdam;368285
I wish i pulled the ones out from advance, after you said one was embossed I was worried I would run into the same with the reman fencos. Time will tell i guess!
I hope you get the ones you want. I would've taken the cobra logos if there would've been a pair. But I'm happy with what I got.

After this, I'll be saving my allowances for the Complete FTBR IRS-bushing kit, and while it's out, I'll be installing the 4:30 gears I've had sitting around.

86' T/C 4.6L DOHC

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Heavy Metal Mistress”
[/COLOR][/SIZE]

13"ers Are Here!

Reply #5
What is an ftbr irs out of? Theres one on columbus craigslist for $100 complete caliper to caliper out of a 93 thunderbird i think, but again, I dont know what FTBR means.

13"ers Are Here!

Reply #6
FTBR = Full Tilt Boogie Racing, They have a very good IRS bushing kit/system. The mn-12 IRS won't fit/bolt-up under our cars. Different style mounting. I don't believe they have a sub-frame like the Cobras. Although I'd like to have the center section from it, that would fit in my IRS. Always nice to have a back up :evilgrin: :D :burnout:

86' T/C 4.6L DOHC

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Heavy Metal Mistress”
[/COLOR][/SIZE]

13"ers Are Here!

Reply #7
Your both ahead of me. I'm still looking for a front right Cobra embossed caliper with a bracket.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]:ford:87 Turbo Coupe through the floor sub frame connectors, 5.8 swap Ford racing heads Harland sharp 1.6 rockers BBK shorty swap headers 2 1/2 BBk X pipe magnaflow ler's. Megasquirt 2 with 36lbs injectors on hurricane intake with 4150 throttle body.Tremec TKO 600 Quicktime blowsheild spec stage 3 clutch. 3.73 gears and still not done

13"ers Are Here!

Reply #8
I'm sure they sell cobra calipers and brackets...seems when I did my part # lookups I found the cobra brackets as well, but didn't dig too deep into it, as money-wise that's far out of my league...

Unless you mean used...
'84 Mustang
'98 Explorer 5.0
'03 Focus, dropped a valve seat. yay. freakin' split port engines...
'06 Explorer EB 4.6

13"ers Are Here!

Reply #9
Nope, not used but not completely new either. Remand units from Advance Auto. $160 for the pair

86' T/C 4.6L DOHC

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Heavy Metal Mistress”
[/COLOR][/SIZE]

13"ers Are Here!

Reply #10
Quote from: 1BadBird;368357
Nope, not used but not completely new either. Remand units from Advance Auto. $160 for the pair
What did you give them for a core?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]:ford:87 Turbo Coupe through the floor sub frame connectors, 5.8 swap Ford racing heads Harland sharp 1.6 rockers BBK shorty swap headers 2 1/2 BBk X pipe magnaflow ler's. Megasquirt 2 with 36lbs injectors on hurricane intake with 4150 throttle body.Tremec TKO 600 Quicktime blowsheild spec stage 3 clutch. 3.73 gears and still not done

13"ers Are Here!

Reply #11
I had aquired 2000 gt brakes. They took the calipers w/brackets as the cores. The guy didn't care that they weren't the exact same. He just said "A core is a core".
They are now all cleaned and ready to paint. I'll "Borrow" the wife's little camera to get some pics :evilgrin:

86' T/C 4.6L DOHC

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Heavy Metal Mistress”
[/COLOR][/SIZE]

Painted Calipers

Reply #12
Here are a few pics of the painted calipers.
XXX

86' T/C 4.6L DOHC

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Heavy Metal Mistress”
[/COLOR][/SIZE]

13"ers Are Here!

Reply #13
A bit too much color for my tast but I't sure they will look great and you'll love them. I'd highly recommend the stainless lines. Make a surprising difference they do.
:america: 1988 Thunderbird Sport, Former 4.6 DOHC T56 conversion project.

Rest of the country, Welcome to Massachusettes. Enjoy your stay.

Halfbreed... Mango Orange Y2K Mustang GT
FRPP complete 2000 Cobra engine swap, T56 n' junk...
~John~

13"ers Are Here!

Reply #14
Those Calipers look great.  And good detail on the rear caliper bleeder screws and springs.