Skip to main content
Topic: dumb-@$$ drivers rant... (Read 596 times) previous topic - next topic

dumb-@$$ drivers rant...

So here goes, (, I see a trend already, I think I'm getting old..?)
A few days ago, I'd just dropped Cole off at his grandmother's and was on my way to work, going down a street with a 25mph limit.

It was rainy, and had my lights and wipers on, when a minivan blew a stop sign about a car length in front of me and shot across.
If I'd been about 2 or 3 seconds faster, or speeding, I would've nailed it in the passenger side. The kid in the passenger seat turned around to stare as she (and said van) slid past the blue truck's bumper with about 4 feet to spare.

If Cole had been in with me, I would've stopped, turned around, chased them down and probably physically assaulted the driver, regardless of consequence. I know 2 wrongs don't make a right...but by god...:beatyoass:...

The other incident I'm mentioning happened at a traffic light just as I got into town. I was alone that day, and had a green light going my way, when another van (different one) turned to their left in front of me...this time, the passenger flipped me off.

That one pissed me off because somehow they thought that it must've been MY fault...

Anywho...it's all dust in the wind now:D
'84 Mustang
'98 Explorer 5.0
'03 Focus, dropped a valve seat. yay. freakin' split port engines...
'06 Explorer EB 4.6

dumb-@$$ drivers rant...

Reply #1
One thing to remember, you have two kids waiting for you to get home. You can try to protect yourself, but you can only do so much to avoid the other drivers on the road. I used to get road rage pretty bad. Even to the point I would follow people and confront them. After I had my kid, I really calmed down alot. Now I just have to let it go.
Quote from: jcassity
I honestly dont think you could exceed the cost of a new car buy installing new *stock* parts everywhere in your coug our tbird. Its just plain impossible. You could revamp the entire drivetrain/engine/suspenstion and still come out ahead.
Hooligans! 
1988 Crown Vic wagon. 120K California car. Wifes grocery getter. (junked)
1987 Ford Thunderbird LX. 5.0. s.o., sn-95 t-5 and an f-150 clutch. Driven daily and going strong.
1986 cougar.
lilsammywasapunkrocker@yahoo.com

dumb-@$$ drivers rant...

Reply #2
look at my sig, the car on the right?  yeh it attracts ricers.  im not talking about a person who is into imports, but someone that see's my fender flares, rims, lil bit of a drop, and they rev, they do all of it.  it  me off, when they start that  i find the closest way to get away from them like a burger king or something..  oh and guys, do you realize the guys that rev at me the most are mustangs?  its sad... i wish i could tell them that my other car is a fox too... im not into stickers or i would put that across the rear bumper lol.. "My Other Car is a Clydesdale"

my car is so small i may as well be a motorcycle.  couple months ago this woman was talking on her cell phone, and the road is going from 2 lane to 1 lane... she turned to get in my lane when her nose was at MY nose.  i had to take a couple deep breaths and count to 10 a couple times otherwise i would have followed her and beat the shiznit out of her SUV.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
:america: An American Restoration. :birdsmily:
1987 Ford Thunderbird Sport (resting)
1993 Mazda Miata 1.6l (daily driver)