Skip to main content
Topic: Oh.My.God.Terrible taste in mods v.5.4 (Read 2630 times) previous topic - next topic

Oh.My.God.Terrible taste in mods v.5.4

Okay, normally I'm pretty tolerant of other peoples ideas and tastes in what works well for mods... but, this guy gets my vote for "Most Hideous Looking Hood bolted onto a Thunderbird"  award, hands down.
  I give him credit for stuffing a 5.4 under the low hood line of an MN12 but that hood has GOT to go, I dont care if it means the supercharger gets evicted from the engine bay.
  Enjoy  :rollin:

Because you're dyin to know why someone would put that ugly of a hood on...here's the reason for that strange, grotesque looking lump in the hood  :mullet:

Reply #1
Only needs 3 things! hood! different supercharger! new back tires!
'84 Mustang
'98 Explorer 5.0
'03 Focus, dropped a valve seat. yay. freakin' split port engines...
'06 Explorer EB 4.6

Reply #2
Quote from: FordTruckFreeek;291797
Only needs 3 things! hood! different supercharger! new back tires!

I agree. I would've installed a Whipple which is lower in height and made a better hood to cover it or don a factory hood with it protruding through. I've seen a couple of Crown Vics with this setup.
2003 Marauder 300B
1996-97 Cobra wheel straight but weathered (For Sale)
84 TC manual shifter handle no  (For Sale)

BTW, I had a 1988 T-Bird Sport way back when. I found out that it was totalled shortly after trading it in. It still has the ignition switch recall to date.

Special thanx to EricCoolCats for showing me to this site.:bowdown:

Reply #3
I would've  just went with a cowl hood.

20006 Ford Fusion SE

Reply #4
It looks like it has a tumor. :yuck:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
5.0L Speed density
Explorer intake
'92 Mustang GT cam
GT-40 racing heads
Unequal length headers
Custom-made duals
19# injectors
65mm TB
AFPR
T/C header panel
11" brake upgrade
T/C rear sway bar
Electrical mods: too many to list :D

Reply #5
or a nasty NA 5.4 DOHC.
:america: 1988 Thunderbird Sport, Former 4.6 DOHC T56 conversion project.

Rest of the country, Welcome to Massachusettes. Enjoy your stay.

Halfbreed... Mango Orange Y2K Mustang GT
FRPP complete 2000 Cobra engine swap, T56 n' junk...
~John~

Reply #6
It does make a person looking wonder what it is.Kinda cool and different.I really get sick of seeing cowl hoods on everything.Would I use that hood,no.But for what it is,I give 'em credit for using their imagination and the work involved.I can't be one of the negative votes for it.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #7
I think I would have relocated the overflow tank and mounted the blower lower in the engine bay. That "knot" in the hood looks like it was shut down on something...
Raleigh, NC.

Reply #8
The hood looks quite odd, I like the idea of a SC'd 5.4 MN12 Bird but the hood just kills it for me.

Reply #9
Quote from: 04FordHarleyF250;291884
I think I would have relocated the overflow tank and mounted the blower lower in the engine bay. That "knot" in the hood looks like it was shut down on something...

Agreed. You would think after swapping a SC'd 5.4 in there, moving the overflow tank would be no big deal. Especially compared to making a hood like that... :hick:
2005 Subaru WRX STi|daily driver

Reply #10
Wonder what it does to the aerodyamics:hick:
FOXLESS!!

1994 Lincoln Mark VIII

Reply #11
wonder what it would do with bad motor mounts and some power.
Quote from: jcassity
I honestly dont think you could exceed the cost of a new car buy installing new *stock* parts everywhere in your coug our tbird. Its just plain impossible. You could revamp the entire drivetrain/engine/suspenstion and still come out ahead.
Hooligans! 
1988 Crown Vic wagon. 120K California car. Wifes grocery getter. (junked)
1987 Ford Thunderbird LX. 5.0. s.o., sn-95 t-5 and an f-150 clutch. Driven daily and going strong.
1986 cougar.
lilsammywasapunkrocker@yahoo.com

Reply #12
Quote from: shame302;291857
or a nasty NA 5.4 DOHC.

good luck on that...  NOBODY has been able to fit a DOHC 5.4 into an MN12 yet.  you have to cut the shock towers just to get it in..  hell a SOHC 5.4  BARELY fits between them...

and yeah that is Butt f**k  UUUUGGGGGLLLLYYYY!!!!  i dont care if it runs 10's, it is still hideous!

Reply #13
i can tell the hood is a bit odd, but are there any more pictures of this car with the hood installed?  as far as cutting a hole in the hood for that SC set up.. i think i recall a civic done up that way?  it may have been a turbo...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
:america: An American Restoration. :birdsmily:
1987 Ford Thunderbird Sport (resting)
1993 Mazda Miata 1.6l (daily driver)

Reply #14
Function Over Form. Enough said.
It's Gumby's fault.