Skip to main content
Topic: Fairmonts are BA (Read 587 times) previous topic - next topic

Fairmonts are BA

Really been wanting a Fairmont lately. Not that I can get one, or need a project car on top of mine but the dream is fun. Getting harder to find around me but I did find one for $900 with Cobra rims and its black (+). Was going to use the excuse of "new car for Dad" but I dont think he would go for it. Came across these though.

Wish I knew the time on it. Sleeper? All it needs is some steelies and quite exhaust, no one would see it coming (doubt they do now).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bOO64pzJzoI&NR=1

Crossbreed or not amazing car.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qk9uU_3VHT0&feature=related

I have seen pics of it somewhere because I remember that grill.
1986 Cougar LS

Fairmonts are BA

Reply #1
Yeah the second was made by a bunch of guys on a forum wanting to make a car for hot rod drag week. They each basically donated parts, I remember reading about it in Hot Rod about two years ago. Even though it has a Cheby motor its still awesome. I really want a Fairmont bad, they all rot out here in Iowa though.

Fairmonts are BA

Reply #2
Man, I have been wanting one for years. I remember the family having a '78 wagon growing up. Now that I got a family, I think it is definatly time for a wagon :rollin:
1985 T'Bird 5.0
1987 Cougar 3.8
1992 T'bird Sport 5.0 HO

Fairmonts are BA

Reply #3
Just imagine a four foor wagon with a 347 stroker and a five speed with a five lug conversion......

*Drooling*

Fairmonts are BA

Reply #4
I have seen pics of it somewhere because I remember that grill.

Its the turbo turd Fairmont that was in HRM a while back.  The same guys that built that also built up a turbo 5.3 Silverado that was bad ass.  Look up "turbo Silverado" on youtube...there are some sweet vids of it blowing some pretty fast cars doors off.
'88 'bird, 10.9:1 306 w/TFS top end, forged rods/pistons, T-5 swap & bunch of other stuff, 1-family owned, had it since ‘98, 5.0tbrd88 on Instagram and YouTube