Skip to main content
Topic: box of goodies (Read 2718 times) previous topic - next topic

box of goodies

Reply #15
Quote from: mercury-man;265537
DVP, I'm with you also on that box of goodies....but can you build me a place to store it too ?? :evilgrin:

How big do you want it?
1986 Cougar LS

box of goodies

Reply #16
Quote from: EricCoolCats;265450
Very nice, Scott! Quite the stash.

Could you get the part number from the grille for me, please?

E7WB-8150-BB

google yields nothing when searched.

box of goodies

Reply #17
Those broken pieces.....they shoulda been yellow like the tops of the side marker bulb screw in......I beleive something may have broken:punchballs:
FOXLESS!!

1994 Lincoln Mark VIII

box of goodies

Reply #18
Quote from: 20thanniver-ls;265547
Those broken pieces.....they shoulda been yellow like the tops of the side marker bulb screw in......I beleive something may have broken:punchballs:

glue,, im not cryin.

box of goodies

Reply #20
Quote from: jcassity;265541

BTW, i am attempting to replace the front arm rest cover using a rear armrest cover........any thoughts?

I've done just that - it's so nice when you first set your arm on what is essentially virgin leather :D

BTW, it makes for a shorter armrest, which in my case was exactly what I wanted since the original didn't allow me to comfortably rest my hand on the shifter while cruising (half the reason I switched to a manual gearbox :) )
11.96 @ 118 MPH old 306 KB; 428W coming soon.

box of goodies

Reply #21
Quote from: Cougar5.0;265564
I've done just that - it's so nice when you first set your arm on what is essentially virgin leather :D

it works?

box of goodies

Reply #22
Quote from: jcassity;265566
it works?

Yeah, I forget what finagling I had to do to make it fit, but in the end it looks OEM - only someone in the back seat might be able to tell it's not - I'll get some pics f you'd like. Note my additional comments I edited to my post about how it makes the armrest shorter (which was good in my case).

box of goodies

Reply #24
Wow are those things dirty.....with all that dirt removed they may look ok!
FOXLESS!!

1994 Lincoln Mark VIII

box of goodies

Reply #25
have them hanging up to dry (on the wifes good hangers:evilgrin: )

Laudry mat might steam clean them but im afraid they will shrink to after all this.

I noticed the driver side backing has a tear along the rid pin strip, gotta figure out a way to stop it in its tracks.  stitch witch or maybe a fabric shop can help.

box of goodies

Reply #26
Wow, thirsty? Don't drink the water. Ewwwww

box of goodies

Reply #27
Quote from: jcassity;265544
E7WB-8150-BB

google yields nothing when searched.

All of my grills have that same part number.

Scott, here's a couple of pictures of the rear armrest made into a front armrest. As you can see, it's just the visibility of the zipper from the back seat that makes it not perfect IMO.

box of goodies

Reply #28
it wont work better if you flip the cover upside down?
It was my thought that fipping it opposite of how it sites in the rear would make it work better up front.

Perhaps the cut out holes stop you from doing this?

box of goodies

Reply #29
Yeah, I don't remember the reason I had to do it this way and if I cut down the bigger padding or what, I did this like 8 years ago. I think it's one of those "obvious if you see it" situations. I can tell you that the zipper is not at all visible to the driver or even at a show (hid by side of seat), so it isn't something I fret about. :)