Skip to main content
Topic: good bye sears tower (Read 1078 times) previous topic - next topic

good bye sears tower

getting a new name,, apparently its new ownership (from over seas) thinks the name is not all that important.

good bye sears tower

Reply #1
Quote from: jcassity;261271
getting a new name,, apparently its new ownership (from over seas) thinks the name is not all that important.

It will still be called the Sears tower even if they change it. Same thing happens with areas and stuff. I dont know what they call the place the Blues play anymore. Schott Trade? I still call it Kiel Center, Savvis Center whatever comes out first.
1986 Cougar LS

good bye sears tower

Reply #2
and IRP will always be IRP no matter how big a sign O'reillys puts up....
gumby - beauty may fade, but stupid is forever!

good bye sears tower

Reply #3
Yeah, like the Toronto Stadium, Sky Dome, changed it's name to the "Rogers Centre".. pfft screw you Rogers, it's still the Sky Dome!

good bye sears tower

Reply #4
I still call Nextel/Sprint Cup the Winston Cup. Just used to it and its easier to remember when it changes every darn year.

good bye sears tower

Reply #5
One that stuck was Rexxal place. No one calls it Skyreach anymore.

good bye sears tower

Reply #6
Quote from: 86XR7project;261308
I still call Nextel/Sprint Cup the Winston Cup. Just used to it and its easier to remember when it changes every darn year.

+1

Look up Larry the Cable Guy on changing the name of the Winston Cup. HILARIOUS!
1986 Cougar LS

good bye sears tower

Reply #7
I grew up in Chicago and it will always be the Sears Tower to me.
1986 Mercury Cougar - 2.3T/T5 swap, TC brakes and suspension and rearend, 3" exhaust, 255 lph fuel pump, Stinger BOV, Gillis MBC @ 18 psi
2003 Chevy Suburban Z71 - Daily driver
2015 Chevy Volt - Wife's daily driver

good bye sears tower

Reply #8
We'll all still call it the Sear's Tower here ;)
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

good bye sears tower

Reply #9
Oh Shi.... The 7-Eleven Tower!!!! D:
2013 Focus (Daily)
1968 Cougar XR7
1987 Turbo Coupe
5 Speed, Stock IHI, Aeromotive 340LPH, Stinger 3in DP w/Magnaflow 3in Race Series ler, Hallman Boost Controller, Corbeau Fixed Back Racing Seats, Rebuilt 35# Injectors, Kirban AFPR, Stinger's Front Mount Piping w/Big NPR Front Mount IC, 3/8 E-85 Fuel Lines, SPEC Stage 3+ Clutch, Explorer 4.0 Dual Core Radiator, Optima Red Top Battery
1988 Turbo Coupe (RIP)
1984 Cougar (RIP) :cougarsmily:
1986 Cougar XR7 5 Speed.  (sold)

good bye sears tower

Reply #10
Quote from: 86XR7project;261308

+2

Winston cup, Busch series, and i just call the craftsman trucks, the truck race.  i TRIED to go with the new names, sprint/nationwide.. and whatever the trucks are now.  but i gave up long ago.

The same thing happens with some tracks too.  Atlanta motor speedway hasnt done it yet, but big Bruster decided to call Charlotte MS Lowe's MS.  i still call it Charlotte still tho..
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
:america: An American Restoration. :birdsmily:
1987 Ford Thunderbird Sport (resting)
1993 Mazda Miata 1.6l (daily driver)