Skip to main content
Topic: Since this section seems to be dead, list your system (Read 6867 times) previous topic - next topic

Since this section seems to be dead, list your system

Reply #30
Haha, it's pretty ghetto rigged right now. Since I like to keep my full size spare, the sub's crammed in the corner. I did actually try it mounted in the middle of the trunk and it didn't hit as hard.

My full setup is as follows.
Kenwood KDC 4019 head unit
Kenwood 5 1/4" 2-way coaxial speakers up front.
Infinity Kappa 6x9" 3 way coaxial speakers in rear.
Infinity Reference 12" Dual Voice Coil subwoofer.
Rockford Fosgate Sp series 300 watt amplifier.

The amp is pretty weak for what that sub can handle, but the rest of the system sounds good.  Although as of late the amp has been cutting in and out, due to a slew of different possible problems.

Here's some pics. Sorry they are py cam phone pics, it's just what was easiet though.

Reply #31
Mine is sad.
Car originally had premium sound, but it was all hacked up beyond repair before I bought the car.
I installed a good system but removed it for my new car so now the cougar has...

head unit-old aiwa tape deck- half of the lights are burned out :hick:
doors- cheesy cheap speakers that were free with the Panasonic mp3/satellite head unit that is now in my new car. *Circuit City's thank you for spending more than 300 on a head unit... $20 speakers :wtf:*
rear- Factory rear speakers.
Dash- They are not original, are junk and are not being used.:disappoin

Oh well, who needs a great stereo system in a car that makes it's own sweet music through the exhaust notes. :ies:

Reply #32
Stock stuff in everything except the '89 Mark, which has a Pioneer CD/MP3-CD head unit hooked to the stock Lincoln Premium Sound stuff. I have a wish list drawn up for that car, but I can't justify about a thousand bucks worth of audio equipment when I can't even currently afford to get the brakes fixed.. so the six Infinity speakers will have to wait a bit. :p (no sub planned, unless I can do things a little odd) The truck will get a similar head unit soon, and a couple speakers.. but nothing fancy. No idea what I'd put into the '86 T-bird once I bought it back and began the big change. Only planned out the Mark's stereo.

Reply #33
neither of my birds have a radio :O

my wifes car does though:)

sony x-plode head unit

sony hi's in the dash

sony mids in deck

2 alphasonic 10's in the trunk

sealed box

350w alphasonic amp 

street wires wiring  4ga power wire
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
1974 maverick lsx powered turbo car SOLD
1973 maverick Tijuana Taxi Tribute
1957 chevy LSX Turbo project (race car)
Owner of Joe Dirt Fabrication

well here goes.

Reply #34
my set up right now it temporary untill I get all my engine, drive train and body work done.

I have an old panasonic cd/mp3 player with the blue and white animated display
alpine 6.5s in the doors, with a custom door panel for them
no rears for now
2 of the old pioneer IMPP 400 series subs powered by an early 70s 100 watt pioneer amp.
PS I ran all new wiring.

Reply #35
Quote from: Sly1990
Portable CD player with a cassette adapter for my Stock system

Ditto...although I could use some new dash speakers.