Skip to main content
Topic: $%^$in HOODLUMS!!!! (Read 3293 times) previous topic - next topic

$%^$in HOODLUMS!!!!

Reply #30
any mustang spring would lower our cars. our springs are 14" vs. 12" mustang springs. y
1979 Ford Fairmont
[/B]
5.0L/4R70W/8.8"/5-lug/3" Exhuast

$%^$in HOODLUMS!!!!

Reply #31
any mustang spring would lower our cars. our springs are 14" vs. 12" mustang springs. you want to probably use the 94-04 springs, due to the higher spring rates.
1979 Ford Fairmont
[/B]

$%^$in HOODLUMS!!!!

Reply #32
Good deal, thats what I'll look into getting.

$%^$in HOODLUMS!!!!

Reply #33
Someone tried to steal my Turbines with brake dust and blue center caps. The wheels look good and they should work for the next few years or so.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

http://www.cardomain.com/id/Carpimp1987
1987 T-Bird AEROBIRD-GT had many many mods but is now totaled and is the car that made me want to start customizing everything all over again.
1988 T-Bird 5.0 HO DD/Sleeper/next project car :birdsmily:
1988 Cougar XR7 5.0 HO Vortech Supercharged being bulit right now :cougarsmily:

$%^$in HOODLUMS!!!!

Reply #34
Quote from: 32VFoxBird;238292
any mustang spring would lower our cars. our springs are 14" vs. 12" mustang springs. you want to probably use the 94-04 springs, due to the higher spring rates.

Are the GT and V-6 springs the same?
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

$%^$in HOODLUMS!!!!

Reply #35
i doubt it
1979 Ford Fairmont
[/B]

$%^$in HOODLUMS!!!!

Reply #36
the mach 1 spings should give a better ride and handaling without giving up much to the gt springs in terms of harshness
:america: 1988 Thunderbird Sport, Former 4.6 DOHC T56 conversion project.

Rest of the country, Welcome to Massachusettes. Enjoy your stay.

Halfbreed... Mango Orange Y2K Mustang GT
FRPP complete 2000 Cobra engine swap, T56 n' junk...
~John~

$%^$in HOODLUMS!!!!

Reply #37
v6 springs i would think would have completely different spring rates seeing as the motor is lighter then the 8, and its not suppose to be as good in handling as the GT/Mach1/Cobra
but thats just an assumption
RIP 1988 and 1990 Lincoln Mark VII LSC
I welcomed the dark side and currently am driving a 2000 Dodge Durango SLT plus, with a 5.9, Code named project "Night Runner"
Shes black on black, fully loaded, with headers, 180 tstat, e fan, straight exhaust into a cherry bomb vortex ler, full tune up, ported intake and T/B, MSD coil, and round aircleaner.
Mods to come: Fully rebuilt and heavily modded 46RE, and a richmond rachet locker.
my $300 beater ;)
R.I.P Kayleigh Raposa 12/18/90 - 2/24/07

$%^$in HOODLUMS!!!!

Reply #38
Ok well I'm working on a deal on a set of steeda springs.  The guy said the springs are shorter than stock Mustang springs, but won't compress as much.  Would they make my car too low?  I don't want my car any lower than this (which uses 00GT springs):

$%^$in HOODLUMS!!!!

Reply #39
sharp!
1988- 3.8- T-bird- sold 2005 Grand Prix, GTP- COMP.G MODS: Inferno Hood, GXP spoiler, Liquid Metal Wheels,K&N Intake,LED taillights,LED reverse lights, LED interior lights, 180*,605s, Pacesetters :burnout:

$%^$in HOODLUMS!!!!

Reply #40
Just got a hell of a deal offered to me on some 02 GT springs.  I'm jumpin on it.

$%^$in HOODLUMS!!!!

Reply #41
Nice!!
that will be the icing on the cake for you man!
RIP 1988 and 1990 Lincoln Mark VII LSC
I welcomed the dark side and currently am driving a 2000 Dodge Durango SLT plus, with a 5.9, Code named project "Night Runner"
Shes black on black, fully loaded, with headers, 180 tstat, e fan, straight exhaust into a cherry bomb vortex ler, full tune up, ported intake and T/B, MSD coil, and round aircleaner.
Mods to come: Fully rebuilt and heavily modded 46RE, and a richmond rachet locker.
my $300 beater ;)
R.I.P Kayleigh Raposa 12/18/90 - 2/24/07

$%^$in HOODLUMS!!!!

Reply #42
Me likes, nice choice. :)
2005 Subaru WRX STi|daily driver