Skip to main content
Topic: Need some legal HELP!!!! (Read 2369 times) previous topic - next topic

Need some legal HELP!!!!

Reply #30
Quote from: LittleAngel1198;238544
Let me ask this... did you cash the check before or after he said he wasn't buying it for the $3000?
I think that is going to be the deciding factor here.
If you cashed it before then it's his loss, as you thought the sale was going through as planned.
If you cashed it afterward, then I say you are morally if not legally wrong in the matter.
To me, if you knowingly cashed the check after he told you the deal was off, then you are in the wrong.

NO i am NOT legally OR morally wrong in the matter....

He gave me the cheque and told me if he doesnt come back by friday to go ahead and cash it...  He called the deal off on Wednesday...  I cashed the cheque..  it was non refundable...  When you leave a deposit on a car, it is common knowledge that IF you back out you are SOL, unless the seller is feeling generous and decides to give it back, but he/she is under NO obligation to due so...

I did loose out on TWO interested parties....  the car never came off the ads but I told them it was sold...  so that is two potential buyers that I turned down and never got their numbers to call them back and tell them it is back up for grabs...

Need some legal HELP!!!!

Reply #31
Slap him....
1986 Cougar LS