Skip to main content
Topic: riding like a gangster, ricer, etc (Read 2885 times) previous topic - next topic

riding like a gangster, ricer, etc

Reply #15
Quote from: shame302;238079
sitting like that just make you a "target" for cops. i DO support police profiling. no offense.

i can usually tell when i ll be able to out drive somebody. its usually when they are sitting like that.

i actually sit tight to the car, probably too much for most people.

i see your point, but i think i could do just well in a police race like situation.  not that i would ever risk it or try it.  i've always thought i coudd take a cop car normal roads etc etc the roads i go.  but i never tried it and plus they weigh like 4-5K LB.  one pit and im dead.  but when you say you sit tight.  im 6'1 and i sit my seat as far forward as possible.  which actually moves my head to the roof a bit more.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
:america: An American Restoration. :birdsmily:
1987 Ford Thunderbird Sport (resting)
1993 Mazda Miata 1.6l (daily driver)

Reply #16
I sit in the trunk when I drive.

Reply #17
Quote from: Ifixyawata;238101

I recently moved my steering wheel so that I look out the rear window when driving.....I'm going to perform this mod to all of my cars.....

i've always thought i coudd take a cop car normal roads etc

So did the last guy I caught.....

You should position yourself in such a fashion that you can react with minimal movement and wasted time should an unforseen and sudden life threatening incident occur.  Being somewhat comfortable will actually aid in this, but don't pretend your in your recliner in the living room......Not safe.
-- 05 Mustang GT-Whipplecharged !!
--87 5.0 Trick Flow Heads & Intake - Custom Cam - Many other goodies...3100Lbs...Low12's!

Reply #18
Quote from: ~AC;238088
  i've always thought i coudd take a cop car normal roads etc etc the roads i go.

"you may leave them behind, but you'll never get away..."

;)
'84 Mustang
'98 Explorer 5.0
'03 Focus, dropped a valve seat. yay. freakin' split port engines...
'06 Explorer EB 4.6

Reply #19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ifixyawata View Post
I recently moved my steering wheel so that I look out the rear window when driving.....I'm going to perform this mod to all of my cars.....

They really do this in some dirt track cars

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~AC View Post
i've always thought i coudd take a cop car normal roads etc etc the roads i go.

"you may leave them behind, but you'll never get away..."

Don't say never it could happen! that is as long you have something to scramble the radio signal, a James Bond Plate mod, run flat tires, and lots of ability to drive the shiznit out of whatever car you are in at the time. and Then don't forget to say your prayers other wise you didn't do it all so it will never work
84 Turbo coupe 2.3T Modded with 88 upper and lower intake, 88 injectors, E6 manifold, T3-4 AR.60 turbo, 31X12X3 FMIC, Homemade MBC , Greddy knock off BPV.
4 eyes see better than 2! 
Da Bird!

FreeBird

Reply #20
sorry man, if the cops have to come after ya, their bringing an ass woopin.
:america: 1988 Thunderbird Sport, Former 4.6 DOHC T56 conversion project.

Rest of the country, Welcome to Massachusettes. Enjoy your stay.

Halfbreed... Mango Orange Y2K Mustang GT
FRPP complete 2000 Cobra engine swap, T56 n' junk...
~John~

Reply #21
Quote from: shame302;238169
sorry man, if the cops have to come after ya, their bringing an ass woopin.

See when they pull me over they have to follow me to a public place. I have been pulled over twice, Second time I didnt do this and I should have because it was worse. I dont know who they are or if they are really cops. Im not going to take off or anything, slowly  make mt way to the nearest gas station or whatever with my hazards on. Ill stop but not in the middle of no where. Not all cops respect the power they hold and I am not going to find out which ones want to take it out on me.
1986 Cougar LS

Reply #22
I used to drive sitting way back and almost laying down. My back injury from the Volvo accident in 1998 put an end to that - now I sit fairly straight up and down. When in a Fox car with power seats I still raise the front and lower the back, though, but that's a headroom thing (power seat tracks seem to take up several inches of head room)
2015 Mustang GT Premium - 5.0, 6-speed, Guard Green - too much awesome for one car

1988 5.0 Thunderbird :birdsmily: SOLD SEPT 11 2010: TC front clip/hood ♣ Body & paint completed Oct 2007 ♣ 3.55 TC rear end and front brakes ♣ TC interior ♣ CHE rear control arms (adjustable lowers) ♣ 2001 Bullitt springs ♣ Energy suspension poly busings ♣ Kenne Brown subframe connectors ♣ CWE engine mounts ♣ Thundercat sequential turn signals ♣ Explorer overhead console (temp/compass display) ♣ 2.25" off-road dual exhaust ♣ T-5 transmission swap completed Jan 2009 ♣

Reply #23
I adjust the seat as low as the base will go (which keep my head out of the headliner), back until my legs are almost fully extended (The seat fully supports my thighs and I can still floor it) and then adjust the back forward until I have a slight bend at the elbow with my hands at 10&2 (this give me better steering control and reaction than if my arms are straight and I'm doing all the turning stiff armed from the shoulders). This still puts me in a fairly vertical position from the hips up, but I find that comfortable and I can even see the 4 yr old on his big wheel when he rides into the street 30 feet in front of me.

You may "look" cool with the Gangsta Lean going on, but when you hit someones kid because you couldn't see anything right in front of your car, the judge won't think it's so cool.

You think you can see well enough? Try this: Sit in your car in your normal driving position, have someone roll a softball under your car from the rear and see how far in front of you it is before you see it. You'd be surprised at what can happen in that space you can't see.

Not to mention the fact that the more reclined you are the more you are apt to fall asleep. Vertical keeps you alert. That's one of the reasons racing seats have a straight up back. (The other is it helps keep you from submarining through the belt in a crash)

Take it for what it's worth, I may just be a crazy old man.

Reply #24
I also have to keep the seat all the way down so my head doesn't hit.
A little back tiltage, and I'm good to go. No problems seeing over the hood or out the pass. side door
Drive comfortable, and drive safe.
If you can't see the car next to you, then you may be a little too low. LOL
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
***** Project "EVOLUTION" 1987 Cougar LS  & 1985 Cougar Convertible *****
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Pretty much every panel on my 87 is new, rebuilt, or re constructed. :D
Join us on Facebook

Reply #25
Now, when I'm driving the Lincoln, I have to wear a hat with a long feather in it, and feel the need to wear platform shoes.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
***** Project "EVOLUTION" 1987 Cougar LS  & 1985 Cougar Convertible *****
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Pretty much every panel on my 87 is new, rebuilt, or re constructed. :D
Join us on Facebook

Reply #26
Quote from: daminc;238202
Now, when I'm driving the Lincoln, I have to wear a hat with a long feather in it, and feel the need to wear platform shoes.

That means you are PIMPIN with the GanstaLean! You ready for that label! LOL
84 Turbo coupe 2.3T Modded with 88 upper and lower intake, 88 injectors, E6 manifold, T3-4 AR.60 turbo, 31X12X3 FMIC, Homemade MBC , Greddy knock off BPV.
4 eyes see better than 2! 
Da Bird!

FreeBird

Reply #27
like i said i'd never try it, and even if i got away 5 miles later im spotted again. like ipsd you'd have to get professional at getting away just as they are at finding you.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
:america: An American Restoration. :birdsmily:
1987 Ford Thunderbird Sport (resting)
1993 Mazda Miata 1.6l (daily driver)