Skip to main content
Topic: Blissfully depressed..... (Read 1571 times) previous topic - next topic

Blissfully depressed.....

So, no shiznit, there I was, sitting in Bob Evans in Mason, WV having breakfast with my son and his fiance'. Christopher says, "We got something to show you." JoAnn starts digging in her purse and comes up with two pieces of paper and shoves them in front of me.

I'm lookin' and I'm thinkin', "Ok... Dopplar weather radar... Are you trying to tell me that it's a bad idea to go to the movies because it might rain?"

I look at them and they're grinning ear to ear and then some and on the virge of jittering right out of their chairs.

"Something tells me this ain't Dopplar radar."

I look again and it starts to become clear what I'm looking at. Especially with the little lines tagged "Head" and "Rump".

I'm looking at sonograms.

In 7 months I'm gonna be a grandfather.

Christ, I feel suddenly 20 years older.

Very happy for them.

But 20 yrs older.

BTW: It's twins. :D

Reply #1
Hey POP POP, congrats and enjoy,you get to start all over again.
spoilling!
Old Grey Cat to this.88 Cat, 5.0 HO, CW mounts, mass air, CI custom cam, afr165's, Tmoss worked cobra intake, BBK shorty's,off road h pipe, magnaflow ex. T-5,spec stage 2 clutch, 8.8 373 TC trac loc, che ajustables with bullits on the rear. 11" brakes up front. +

Reply #2
Pa Pa Mayhem.LOL.Congrats.It could theoretically happen to our family as well,but it better not until the kids are out of college and have good jobs.How old are you anyway?
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #3
sounds like they got their stuff together if they are planning on getting married. Congradulations to both you and them.
1986 Cougar LS

Reply #4
Congrats.  Better make sure those kids drive Fox cars.  Lol...one with a Cougar and one with a T-bird!
'88 'bird, 10.9:1 306 w/TFS top end, forged rods/pistons, T-5 swap & bunch of other stuff, 1-family owned, had it since ‘98, 5.0tbrd88 on Instagram and YouTube

Reply #5
congrats on your expanding family!!!!!!and if your feelin that old  hop in your cat and find an empty parking lot...  (get those juices flowin!)
[/IMG]
Just enjoyin the ride!!!!

Reply #6
Congrats,
There's nothing more fun then buying tons of toys for kids..
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
***** Project "EVOLUTION" 1987 Cougar LS  & 1985 Cougar Convertible *****
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Pretty much every panel on my 87 is new, rebuilt, or re constructed. :D
Join us on Facebook

Reply #7
Quote from: daminc;234830
Congrats,
There's nothing more fun then buying tons of toys for kids..

There's nothing more annoying than tripping over them in the dark!  :D
He gets to buy them and NOT trip over them ;)

Congrats!
-- 05 Mustang GT-Whipplecharged !!
--87 5.0 Trick Flow Heads & Intake - Custom Cam - Many other goodies...3100Lbs...Low12's!

Reply #8
MAYHEM, Congratulation's and now you (Gramps) have to supply the Chips & Dip to their Twin Baby Shower Party. :evilgrin:

Reply #9
Quote from: V8Demon;234841
There's nothing more annoying than tripping over them in the dark!  :D

Congrats!

AINT THAT THE truth!!!!!!

Reply #11
Quote from: V8Demon;234841

Not only that, he gets to buy all the noisy and messy ones he (hopefully) had too much sense to buy his own kids :D

Congrats, dude...

Oh, wait, you're too old to be called "dude" now, aren't ya? Congrats, ol' fella...
2015 Mustang GT Premium - 5.0, 6-speed, Guard Green - too much awesome for one car

1988 5.0 Thunderbird :birdsmily: SOLD SEPT 11 2010: TC front clip/hood ♣ Body & paint completed Oct 2007 ♣ 3.55 TC rear end and front brakes ♣ TC interior ♣ CHE rear control arms (adjustable lowers) ♣ 2001 Bullitt springs ♣ Energy suspension poly busings ♣ Kenne Brown subframe connectors ♣ CWE engine mounts ♣ Thundercat sequential turn signals ♣ Explorer overhead console (temp/compass display) ♣ 2.25" off-road dual exhaust ♣ T-5 transmission swap completed Jan 2009 ♣

Reply #12
Congrats Grandpa!!
:cougarsmily:~Karen~

Reply #13
Congrats Grandpa...

Sure is an amazing transition, from this...

To this... (My twin grand babies, now 2 1/2 years old)

Reply #14
Congrats Grandpa squared!! Yes be like my parents and get your grandkids all the noisy toys, then only give them batteries as you leave :D