Skip to main content
Topic: Got Pulled Over, Got Towed Too... (Read 2050 times) previous topic - next topic

Got Pulled Over, Got Towed Too...

Reply #15
anyway, initially i dont "try" to lose my head in these situations but in real life im an a**hole, always have been and probly always will be and it attracts the reactions from people in positions of power who dont like being pulled down off their high horse.

That explains it all.

Let's see, he was doing his job, and you indicate he was 'on his high horse'. You admit to being an a-hole, and yet you expect the police to treat you with respect.... something just ain't right with this picture.
:cougarsmily:~Karen~

Reply #16
I was pulled over for "illegal tag tint". I had a tinted license plate cover on my truck, and the bulb had apparently burnt out. The cop told me it was against KS state law to have the cover, I asked a cop here about it and he said it was fine. The light I didnt care, cuz I could replace that in 5 seconds. Then another cop pulls up, asks me to get out my truck, instantly reads me my rights and asks me questions about me helping my cousin change a flat tire, and someones car getting wrote on with window chalk. The cops here are morons. They look out for our safety to an extent, but not very well.
"Real cars dont power the front wheels, they lift them"
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
1984 Mercury Cougar GS 5.0:cougarsmily: BBK Equal Length Shorties, BBK O/R X-Pipe, Magnaflow Magnapacks, Mustang GT Stainless Tailpipes, 18" Magnaflow Rolled Edge Tips. Turbo Coupe Hood, Mach 1 Chin Spoiler. 17"x9" Cobra R's, Falken Ziex 255/50s, and 245/45s.
1984 Ford Thunderbird 3.8L "Drag Queen"
2009 Dodge Ram 1500 Lone Star Edition 5.7L Hemi 400hp, lex DOD14M Magnaflow retro-fit ler kit

Reply #17
i once had my south carolina license suspended 4 years after i moved to florida!.....  i hava a cdl so when south carolina did some housecleaning with car taxes, they decided that since i didn't pay my vehicle taxes in 1999 when i moved, they'd suspend my license (which i no longer posessed) in 2003!!  i only found out about it because i tried to get a job at another trucking company and when they pulled my report, they found the suspension....  i guess because the cdl is 50 state, even though i currently posessed a florida cdl, they could still suspend it in south carolina..... :flame:

OOOH!!!  I'm a Eco Hypermiler :burnout: Not bad for 79mph on the interstate 2hours a day

Reply #18
Quote from: FordTruckFreeek;209362
That's why they make the renewals ON your birthday...so you don't have a reason to forget to renew your license...I guess now we can expect even judges to wipe our asses when we forget!?

If you can't remember your birthday, SSN, or license plate number..maybe you shouldn't be behind a steering wheel....?

Also..another reason why smoking is bad for you! :flip:

I havnt the slightest clue what my SSN is, and I dont have plates yet, but I know my birthday!
RIP 1988 and 1990 Lincoln Mark VII LSC
I welcomed the dark side and currently am driving a 2000 Dodge Durango SLT plus, with a 5.9, Code named project "Night Runner"
Shes black on black, fully loaded, with headers, 180 tstat, e fan, straight exhaust into a cherry bomb vortex ler, full tune up, ported intake and T/B, MSD coil, and round aircleaner.
Mods to come: Fully rebuilt and heavily modded 46RE, and a richmond rachet locker.
my $300 beater ;)
R.I.P Kayleigh Raposa 12/18/90 - 2/24/07

Reply #19
Politeness counts.

Driving with a suspended license is more than enough reason to be ARRESTED let alone issued a traffic summons

i cant see any cop saying "i wont know until i get your information".

That's a mis-interpretation.  He meant he wasn't telling the reason for the stop until he received info first.

Also, his putting his boot into the car was just a safey measure to protect you and him from an antited / probably conflict.

Correct.

just so you know we dont renew our licenses here yearly, i thought it wasnt up for another year

Neither do most other states.  NY is now 8 years.

on select days(such as tuesday, thursday and saturday) the are able to pull you over in "certain" areas of the city, mostly in known drug dealing areas and the like without reason

Without this drug areas would increase in size, severity and in numbers as well.

Geez, what's it suspended for? I've never even met someone with a suspended license unless it was DUI.

You can be suspended in some states for being delinquent on loans from banks.  Oregon is one of them.

I'll just end with this:

Quote from: Unknown Author
Well, Mr. Citizen, it seems you've figured me out. I fit neatly into the category where you've placed me. I'm stereotyped, standardized, characterized, classified, grouped, and always typical. Unfortunately, the reverse is true. I can never figure you out.
From birth, you teach your children that I'm the bogeyman, if they do anything bad I'll take them away. Then you're shocked when they identify/associate with my traditional enemy... the criminal! You accuse me of going too easy on criminals until I catch your kids doing wrong. You may take an hour for lunch and several coffee breaks each day, but point me out as lazy for having one cup. You pride yourself on your manners, but think nothing of disrupting my meals with your troubles.
You go mental with the guy who cuts you off in traffic, but let me catch you doing the same thing and I'm picking on you. You know all the traffic laws...but you've never gotten a single ticket you deserve. You shout "IDIOT" if you observe me driving fast to a call, but raise the roof if I take more than ten seconds to respond to your complaint.
You call it part of my job if someone strikes me, but call it police brutality if I strike back. You wouldn't think of telling your dentist how to pull a tooth or your doctor how to take out an appendix, yet you are always willing to give me pointers on the law and telling me how to do my job.
You talk to me in a manner that would get you a bloody nose from anyone else, but expect me to take it without batting an eye.
You yell that something's got to be done to fight crime, but you can't be bothered to get involved.

You have no use for me at all, but of course it's OK if I change a flat for your wife, deliver your child in the back of the patrol car, or perhaps save your son's life with mouth to mouth breathing, or work many hours overtime looking for your lost daughter.
So Mr. Citizen, you can stand there on your soapbox and rant and rave about the way I do my work, calling me every name in the book, but never stop to think that your property, family, or maybe even your life depends on me or one of my buddies.
Yes, Mr. Citizen, it's me the policeman!
-- 05 Mustang GT-Whipplecharged !!
--87 5.0 Trick Flow Heads & Intake - Custom Cam - Many other goodies...3100Lbs...Low12's!

Reply #20
AMEN to that V8!!

I hate it when people rant and rave about an officer doing his (or her) job. Most times they wouldn't have to do their job *if* you weren't breaking a law to begin with.
I've been stopped a couple of times, and never gotten a ticket for anything.
 Once was for speeding, where i had come out of a lower speed zone into a higher speed zone and I had been having trouble with my car. I unintentionally went over the speed limit as I was accelerating to the higher speed.  When I was pulled over, the officer asked if I knew why he pulled me over, I was honest with him and said I thought it was because of that. However, I had let off the gas as soon as I realized I was over the speed limit, which he knew to be true because he was behind me. It was dark and I didn't know it was a cop behind me, I thought it was just another car.
When I explained about the engine trouble I had been having, he just told me to take it easy and be careful... after running my license and insurance.
No hassles, no problems.

The second time I was stopped was because the inspection was expired (by 2 days) on the car I was driving. I didn't realize it was expired. I was honest and told him that. He gavce me 2 days to get it done and show proof, he dropped the ticket when I did that. No problems, no hassles.

It's simple, be respectful and be honest when you get stopped for something..... most times you will get a warning as long as you have a clean driving record to begin with.
:cougarsmily:~Karen~

Reply #21
sucks that things happened like that. i will say safety measure or not someone putting there boot,foot,shoe or any form of them touching of my car in any manner other than helping with body work and such would piss me off. i also must add that i treat the cops as they treat me. sometimes they are nice and sometimes they are a--holes. my last run in with a cop was here at my own house. she was on a power trip and i put her in her place. also here in missouri they don't tell me why they are pulling me over they don't get any info. the last time that happened i remember driving off with the cop still standing there. never went to jail or anything he didn't even give chase or call back up why because he was pulling us over for no reason. so the law man isn't always right that i can tell you.
84 Turbo coupe 2.3T Modded with 88 upper and lower intake, 88 injectors, E6 manifold, T3-4 AR.60 turbo, 31X12X3 FMIC, Homemade MBC , Greddy knock off BPV.
4 eyes see better than 2! 
Da Bird!

FreeBird

Reply #22
my last run in with a cop was here at my own house. she was on a power trip and i put her in her place

Hmmm.  Sounds like she wasn't there because you were the victim of a crime... So what happened that led to the Police being called to your house then?

so the law man isn't always right that i can tell you.

No, but neither are you.  Court is where to settle that other story.  I'm sure there's more to that one too....
--87 5.0 Trick Flow Heads & Intake - Custom Cam - Many other goodies...3100Lbs...Low12's!

Reply #23
I was a cop.. well a reserve cop and while being trained they taught us to always say hello and the reason I pulled you over was.... Then ask for their information. We were also told that if we ever used our foot to stop someone from openning their door we better be able to show proof that we thought our safety was in danger of being violated or we were liable for any damages. By the way we were also shown that if you followed any car for 200 yards that they would do at least one thing that would enable you to pull them over if you chose to. Heck I see it now and I am not a cop anymore. Saying yes sir or no sir is the best way to go since most cops I know will call you sir when they talk to you. Leaving your hands on the steering wheel until they ask you for your information helps also. If your stopped at night turn on your dome light and 4 way flashers and put your hands on the top of the steering wheel and wait for the officer. Chances are you will be let go with a warning since the officer knows you were thinking of his and your safety by following that. I will end by saying most cops are not bad and they try to do a good job. They want to go home at the end of their work day just like you or me.

Reply #24
Quote from: V8Demon;209454
Hmmm.  Sounds like she wasn't there because you were the victim of a crime... So what happened that led to the Police being called to your house then?

we had a pan of grease catch fire ran it outside a neighbor seen us with the pan on fire and called the fire dept. the cop told me that i had to get out of my house. there wasn't any fire in my house or any fire at that point. she thought she was in charge when in fact she found out form the chief of the fire dept she had no say what so ever. so yes i let her have it. she wasn't even called she followed the fire trucks here. just like my good ole home town PIA she wanted to get in on something. now i see her everyday. she waves i wave and all is good.
84 Turbo coupe 2.3T Modded with 88 upper and lower intake, 88 injectors, E6 manifold, T3-4 AR.60 turbo, 31X12X3 FMIC, Homemade MBC , Greddy knock off BPV.
4 eyes see better than 2! 
Da Bird!

FreeBird

Reply #25
....And if there WAS a fire in your house and you stayed in and died and she could have told you to get out but didn't who would your surviving relatives sue?  The Police department!  Who would possibly get fired?

she thought she was in charge when in fact she found out form the chief of the fire dept she had no say what so ever

She has more say than you know....Especially if it is a possible crime scene.  Each fire is treated as a possible investigation.  Safety is foremost.  I guess I'll apologize for her doing her job.... That fire chief is wrong or you misunderstood.

While the fire is still being put under control the chief --or a designated alternate--is in charge.  That does not mean the officer has no say

Reply #26
Quote from: santana;209467
Leaving your hands on the steering wheel until they ask you for your information helps also. .

that alone will send a character message to the officer about yourself instantly.  It shows you recognize the officer needs to feel safe.
I will lay both hands open and palm down on the steering wheel at the 10'oclock part of the wheel.  This way the officer can see my hands way in advance of being beside the window.

Reply #27
I also like the idea of taking your keys out of the ignition and tossing them on the dash where the officer can see them.
Temporarily Foxless? Ride the Bull...

Reply #28
I have had my run ins with police officers where I really had a difficult time to keep my cool. At one point, I had to be pulled away from this particular officer, or I would have been in jail.

My uncle passed away two years ago. My father and I were the first contacts for his apartment complex, so we met 3 police officers there. Those 3 officers were great to deal with, even though my uncle was laying there dead, they did the best they could to make the experience less difficult. Later in, the investigation van shows up, and those two officers were also very polite and great to deal with. Well, when the investigation van showed up, another officer followed them to the scene.

Now, this police officer somewhat knew my uncle, knew his history with diabetes and other issues he had. This officer came up to us, and just blatantly asks "what happened?", so we start explaining the situation, and he just says "oh, he had a seizure and hit his head". The officer never stepped foot into the apartment. So I say "did you see how he was laying, he..." and he outright cut me off "ohh, are you a CSI now? did you go to college to investigate crime scenes?! I bet you're just another hotshot teenager who learned everything from some TV show..." At that point, my dad, and the apartment rental agent stood up next to me, and I started to just blow up. They actually pulled me away from the officer, because they were scared someone was going to the hospital and/or jail.

To top it all off, it was my 21st birthday.
It's Gumby's fault.

Reply #29
All i know is, its not always best to be nice to the cops.  sometimes being nice can open doors for them to manipulate you and the conversation.  but its best to approach every cop like he's your neighbor that you really dont want to piss off.  so you say yes sir, no sir, explain your business and where your going/coming from etc.  now when your oh, 19 and under.  they can carry a smile on their faces when they ask to search your car.  if your 18-19 with a cougarbird near the ghetto.  you're ganna get walked on.  but i have been getting better and better attitudes with cops around here since i've gotten into my 20's.  it's like if your under 20, they figure you dont really have to be anywhere so they'll sit you down for 30 min and go through your car.  but 20+ the respect that you might have stuff to do and talk to you, inspect your attitude, etc and then let you go.  but i can tell you now.  if i didnt have a possitive attitude with any of the cops i've had good encounters with, they wouldnt have been good encounters.  now this is the cops out in the boonies sorta, and the cops in the inner city are a lot more harsh.  they have no real sense of good people it seems.  you should have WAITED to hear what the problem was instead of asking.  but i can see a boot on your car kinda setting someone off (specially with a cougarbird LOL) but still!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
:america: An American Restoration. :birdsmily:
1987 Ford Thunderbird Sport (resting)
1993 Mazda Miata 1.6l (daily driver)