Skip to main content
Topic: Got Pulled Over, Got Towed Too... (Read 2050 times) previous topic - next topic

Got Pulled Over, Got Towed Too...

about 20 minutes ago. this is great, just what i needed right now.
pulled into a local store to get a pack of smokes and go to open my car door when the officer pushes it back shut with his boot. when i ask what he is doing he said "you got license and insurance?", i reply(cleaned up version)"didnt realize i was being pulled over, what was i pulled over for?"
wont know till i get your information he replies:asshole:  . after i give him my info and sit there for twenty minutes his partner strools up and says to get out of the car. my license was expired appearently and didnt remember it as my birthday just passed(expires the day after your birthday here, or before i forget which) which shouldntve been a big deal untill she also said it was suspended also, WTF??
after going thru a 10 min song and dance about how and for what  and that they cant tell me why i scoop all my stuff out of the car i can carry as i was in the middle of my tripminder fix so my tools were everywhere. after exploding at them for asking for my signature and car keys(neither of which i gave) i bummed a ride back home, never even got my cigarettes:mad:
im sure all the 50 or so kids hanging around had fun watching it or recording it with their phones for youtube or something.
now i have to wait till monday to try to get it back out , which means more costs :mad:
then court costs :punchballs:
there goes my suspension,balljoints and dual exhaust money.:rolleyes:
"Beating the hell out of other peoples cars since 1999"
1983 Ford Thunderbird Heritage
1984 Ford Mustang GT Turbo Convertible

Reply #1
Cigarettes are bad for you.

Reply #2
they can't charge you for storage fee's on the weekends or anytime there closed. So don't let them yank you for that. Call the dmv or dld right after they open and figure out what your license is suspended for. Also go see a judge asap and explain you simply forgot your birthday had passed. If you have a good driving record, push that nothing like that has even happened before, and ask why the car was towed instead of being able to have your wife, gf, or freind come back with you to drive it home. Just because you don't have a license doesn't mean your car cannot be driven.

Also, be very polite and appoligize alot when you talk to the judge.
Quote from: jcassity
I honestly dont think you could exceed the cost of a new car buy installing new *stock* parts everywhere in your coug our tbird. Its just plain impossible. You could revamp the entire drivetrain/engine/suspenstion and still come out ahead.
Hooligans! 
1988 Crown Vic wagon. 120K California car. Wifes grocery getter. (junked)
1987 Ford Thunderbird LX. 5.0. s.o., sn-95 t-5 and an f-150 clutch. Driven daily and going strong.
1986 cougar.
lilsammywasapunkrocker@yahoo.com

Reply #3
oh and on a side note, there killing my favorite brand of smokes, camel turkish royals.
I honestly dont think you could exceed the cost of a new car buy installing new *stock* parts everywhere in your coug our tbird. Its just plain impossible. You could revamp the entire drivetrain/engine/suspenstion and still come out ahead.
Hooligans! 
1987 Ford Thunderbird LX. 5.0. s.o., sn-95 t-5 and an f-150 clutch. Driven daily and going strong.
1986 cougar.

Reply #4
why do the "i got a ticket and my car got towed" stories always include a "cleaned up" version of a conversation that should have been a "yes, sir, no sir" one???  here, you're license gets suspended if it's not renewed or surrendered, so i see why it might have been that, but it's a lot easier to explain about why the license was let to expire and work something out when you talk calmly and rationally to a cop, not by catching a "why are you picking on me" attitude...... 

i understand that some officers are power hungry, but stoking the fire only helped to get your car towed

just my:2c:

OOOH!!!  I'm a Eco Hypermiler :burnout: Not bad for 79mph on the interstate 2hours a day

Reply #5
I have to agree with that. If you are being a jerk about a situation, then the police are going to be jerks right back at ya, usually costing you more money in the end.
What's wrong with being polite?
Simply tell the officer you didn't realize you were being pulled over. When they say your license is suspended, explain that you didn't realize it had happened (if that's the truth). Be truthful and polite about it. there's no reason to be a jerk when the police are doing their jobs.

You get a lot further by being polite and showing respect than you do being a prick.
:cougarsmily:~Karen~

Reply #6
i can assure you they made darn sure your license was suspended on purpose if it was not already.  Philly cops are like that along with pittsburgh cops. 

You gotta remember something,, 100% of cops are regular people.  That being said,, The likelyhood of you running into an a-hole public servant is a given based on the current qty of asses out there today.

sorry dude but i read em like i see em and this one reaks of your not kissing some butt at just the right time when you were in the wrong.

Reply #7
and  on a side note,, im going to call your bluff on something.

i cant see any cop saying "i wont know until i get your information".

Was the conversation recorded?  Like on cops?  If so, the cop just rendered you ticket falsly, this could be entrapment.

Also, his putting his boot into the car was just a safey measure to protect you and him from an antited / probably conflict.

Reply #8
Quote from: jcassity;209314
and  on a side note,, im going to call your bluff on something.

i cant see any cop saying "i wont know until i get your information".

I have had that happen to me on more then one occasion. If you fit a profile they throw you into it. I've had my car pulled apart by several cops searching for drugs because I hadn't slept for days or showered and gotten pulled over for a burnt out tail light.

I do overhead cable construction for cable, and i've been stuck working more then 48 hours straight, alot of the time with no sleep and very little to eat. sometimes I show up to a job 500 miles away only expecting to work a couple of hours and end up there for a couple of days. I would rather work straight then sleep in a truck for  two hours, or get put up in a hotel.

*edit*
Don't take it the wrong way though. There are really cool cops out there too. Also, It doesn't happen to me alot, but have you every tried driving after busting your balls all day and night for two or three days, your kinda pr0ne to getting pulled over too.
Hooligans! 
1986 cougar.

Reply #9
Geez, what's it suspended for?  I've never even met someone with a suspended license unless it was DUI.

Reply #10
sleep????  we don't need no stinkin' sleep  :brick:

OOOH!!!  I'm a Eco Hypermiler :burnout: Not bad for 79mph on the interstate 2hours a day

Reply #11
geeze...you should quit smoking.....
:america: 1988 Thunderbird Sport, Former 4.6 DOHC T56 conversion project.

Rest of the country, Welcome to Massachusettes. Enjoy your stay.

Halfbreed... Mango Orange Y2K Mustang GT
FRPP complete 2000 Cobra engine swap, T56 n' junk...
~John~

Reply #12
Quote from: Haystack;209298
see a judge asap and explain you simply forgot your birthday

That's why they make the renewals ON your birthday...so you don't have a reason to forget to renew your license...I guess now we can expect even judges to wipe our asses when we forget!?

If you can't remember your birthday, SSN, or license plate number..maybe you shouldn't be behind a steering wheel....?

Also..another reason why smoking is bad for you! :flip:
'84 Mustang
'98 Explorer 5.0
'03 Focus, dropped a valve seat. yay. freakin' split port engines...
'06 Explorer EB 4.6

Reply #13
if i wouldve asked if the situation was recorded they wouldve laughed in my face, ive already been down that road before:shakeass: they arent.
the "not till i see some info" thing is nothing new here as well thanks to the live stop bull thing they got going here. on select days(such as tuesday, thursday and saturday) the are able to pull you over in "certain" areas of the city, mostly in known drug dealing areas and the like without reason. lovely insnt it:flame:
its happened to me before, pulled over without cause and eventually ticketed for illegal display of registration as my registration sticker was located inside my rear window instead of on my tag so it wouldnt get cut off by a thief, which was a real problem in the area at the time and he knew it. the registration stickers here are about a 1x1 inch white sticker on a white license plate, very noticable from the front :roll:
anyway, initially i dont "try" to lose my head in these situations but in real life im an a**hole, always have been and probly always will be and it attracts the reactions from people in positions of power who dont like being pulled down off their high horse. kissing ass isnt in my nature:shakeass:
at first i was unaware of being pulled over as it wasnt accompanied with the whole "flashing lights and sirens" thing, and that i just pulled into my parking spot. true story. the boot on my door thing i wasnt upset that he did it for his saftey just that i wasnt aware i was pulled over and someone pushed my door shut while i was exiting my car, im sure it would piss anyone here off if i did that to you:flip:
i didnt get my license suspended for DUI, i havent drank in 3 years and never drove while drunk. thats just stupid IMO
if its not suspended from being expired i must have a ticket thats unpaid so ill have to go to court to find that out.
i aint mad at the cops, they are just people doing their jobs but it wouldve been nice if they showed a bit of professional courtesy is all:hick:
oh well, have to wait till monday to see if i can get my car back or not.

Reply #14
Quote from: FordTruckFreeek;209362
That's why they make the renewals ON your birthday...so you don't have a reason to forget to renew your license...I guess now we can expect even judges to wipe our asses when we forget!?

If you can't remember your birthday, SSN, or license plate number..maybe you shouldn't be behind a steering wheel....?

Also..another reason why smoking is bad for you! :flip:

just so you know we dont renew our licenses here yearly, i thought it wasnt up for another year:hick:

at all the smoking comments:flip: