Skip to main content
Topic: I know the internet is causing the wholesale destruction of the English language, but (Read 1619 times) previous topic - next topic

I know the internet is causing the wholesale destruction of the English language, but

...how could anybody ever type up a grammatical train wreck like this:
HI I HAVE A 87 FIREBIRD WITH TRANS AM GROUND EFFECTS ON IT HAS A 350 LT1 OUT OF A 69 VETTE WITH TUNED PORT,MSD EGNISHION,DESPEBERTER CAP,9MM ACELL WIRES,CAMED UP,DUAL ETRICL FANS,NEW DUAL RAVIN EXHAUST
That's an ad on a local for sale site. His grade school teachers would be proud...
2015 Mustang GT Premium - 5.0, 6-speed, Guard Green - too much awesome for one car

1988 5.0 Thunderbird :birdsmily: SOLD SEPT 11 2010: TC front clip/hood ♣ Body & paint completed Oct 2007 ♣ 3.55 TC rear end and front brakes ♣ TC interior ♣ CHE rear control arms (adjustable lowers) ♣ 2001 Bullitt springs ♣ Energy suspension poly busings ♣ Kenne Brown subframe connectors ♣ CWE engine mounts ♣ Thundercat sequential turn signals ♣ Explorer overhead console (temp/compass display) ♣ 2.25" off-road dual exhaust ♣ T-5 transmission swap completed Jan 2009 ♣

I know the internet is causing the wholesale destruction of the English language, but

Reply #1
He was doing well until he tried technical writing.

Desperberter made me laugh.  I just laughed again.

Reply #2
That's about the norm on craigslist. Notice everything is better then it could possibly be (TPI won't bolt onto real 69 LT1 heads, nor will a real MSD TPI cap work with Accel wires, etc, etc, etc). It makes you want to just start wacking people with hammers...

At least it could be followed. You should see some of the emails I get! Some of them get so bad I can't even follow WTF they're talking about...

Reply #3
Hey,my car has a desperberter.I wonder if they're rare?
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #4
ETRICL

lol --Thats got me confused.  lol
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
***** Project "EVOLUTION" 1987 Cougar LS  & 1985 Cougar Convertible *****
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Pretty much every panel on my 87 is new, rebuilt, or re constructed. :D
Join us on Facebook

Reply #5
*turns to left and bangs head against conveniently located drywall*
1987 20th Anniversary Cougar, 302 "5.0" GT-40 heads (F3ZE '93 Cobra) and TMoss Ported H.O. intake, H.O. camshaft
2.5" Duals, no cats, Flowmaster 40s, Richmond 3.73s w/ Trac-Lok, maxed out Baumann shift kit, 3000 RPM Dirty Dog non-lock TC
Aside from the Mustang crinkle headers, still looks like it's only 150 HP...
1988 Black XR7 Trick Flow top end, Tremec 3550
1988 Black XR7 Procharger P600B intercooled, Edelbrock Performer non-RPM heads, GT40 intake AOD, 13 PSI @5000 RPM. 93 octane

Reply #6
At least he spelt exhaust right, most guys use "exzhaust" or "ezuast".

'88 Mercury Cougar LS, 302, Project Car - "The Coug"
'83 Ford Thunderbird Heritage, 302, Summer Ride, - "The Bambi Killer"
'86 Chevrolet S10, Daily Driver -  "The Black Beater"

Reply #7
you meen theirs misteaks in taht senteance I wouldof never knowen too me it seemed perfickt.

Reply #8
huked on fonics werkt for me
1987 TC

Reply #9
Go read some stuff on answers.yahoo.com.

Here's two examples of actual things I saw posted.

Title: "When Usa ejecute the plan boyager.?"

Body: "When USA ejecute the plan boyager.to control the world."

and

Title (only thing on it): "How many gallons feet to car volswagen passat 98 1.8 turbo?"

Arg.

We also have a local freead thing, and you can call in your ads, so I see misspellings all the time like Eddlebrack, Adelbroke, etc.

Garrett H.
'94 F250 XLT- 4x4, 5 speed, 7.3 IDI Turbo Diesel, 4" intake, 4" exhaust, 5" turnout stacks, manual hubs, etc.
'87 Thunderbird Turbo Coupe
Engine, wheels, tires, etc!
Exhaust sound clip
Another clip

Reply #10
Thats more entertaining than the TV shows nowadays.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
***** Project "EVOLUTION" 1987 Cougar LS  & 1985 Cougar Convertible *****
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Pretty much every panel on my 87 is new, rebuilt, or re constructed. :D
Join us on Facebook

Reply #11
Ya know I don't think it's ever been said before, maybe it has and I missed it but I think the comment hasnt ever been made. Whenever I'm in the Lounge or General....Disc forums and I see a new post by TC I always get excited and sure enough there's a witty or snide remark in the title, the latter type usually in reference to Ford or the Big Three and the umpty-millionth stupid decision they've just made! :hick:

And by now I'm surely sounding like a ass-kisser but I see the name and get ready for another dose of level-headed wisdom and food for thought, and usually get at least a chuckle out of the title.

I vote TC least likely to spam this place up and me....hmm somewhere on the OTHER end of the spectrum :hick:
1987 20th Anniversary Cougar, 302 "5.0" GT-40 heads (F3ZE '93 Cobra) and TMoss Ported H.O. intake, H.O. camshaft
2.5" Duals, no cats, Flowmaster 40s, Richmond 3.73s w/ Trac-Lok, maxed out Baumann shift kit, 3000 RPM Dirty Dog non-lock TC
Aside from the Mustang crinkle headers, still looks like it's only 150 HP...
1988 Black XR7 Trick Flow top end, Tremec 3550
1988 Black XR7 Procharger P600B intercooled, Edelbrock Performer non-RPM heads, GT40 intake AOD, 13 PSI @5000 RPM. 93 octane

RE: "the English laguage"

Reply #12
slightly ironic that there is a typo in the title of this thread... :shakeass:
gumby - beauty may fade, but stupid is forever!

Reply #13
Quote from: ZondaC12;200190
Ya know I don't think it's ever been said before, maybe it has and I missed it but I think the comment hasnt ever been made. Whenever I'm in the Lounge or General....Disc forums and I see a new post by TC I always get excited and sure enough there's a witty or snide remark in the title, the latter type usually in reference to Ford or the Big Three and the umpty-millionth stupid decision they've just made! :hick:

And by now I'm surely sounding like a ass-kisser but I see the name and get ready for another dose of level-headed wisdom and food for thought, and usually get at least a chuckle out of the title.

I vote TC least likely to spam this place up and me....hmm somewhere on the OTHER end of the spectrum :hick:

Suck-up :shakeass::D

I've been known to derail the odd thread myself, but I suppose most of my threads are odd anyway....

Quote from: gumby;200206
slightly ironc that there is a typo in the title of this thread... :shakeass:

Even more ironic that you misspelled "ironic" :moon:
2015 Mustang GT Premium - 5.0, 6-speed, Guard Green - too much awesome for one car

1988 5.0 Thunderbird :birdsmily: SOLD SEPT 11 2010: TC front clip/hood ♣ Body & paint completed Oct 2007 ♣ 3.55 TC rear end and front brakes ♣ TC interior ♣ CHE rear control arms (adjustable lowers) ♣ 2001 Bullitt springs ♣ Energy suspension poly busings ♣ Kenne Brown subframe connectors ♣ CWE engine mounts ♣ Thundercat sequential turn signals ♣ Explorer overhead console (temp/compass display) ♣ 2.25" off-road dual exhaust ♣ T-5 transmission swap completed Jan 2009 ♣

Reply #14
i have no idea what you are talkin about :raspberry
gumby - beauty may fade, but stupid is forever!