Skip to main content
Topic: '88 T-Bird radio interchange (Read 1941 times) previous topic - next topic

'88 T-Bird radio interchange

Hello....what interchanges as far as OEM radios with my 1988 T Bird?  When I bought the car the radio was toasted, found another on eBay real cheap which plugged in OK but I had to go to Wal-Mart and rig a stereo chassis adapter kit to install it.  It was still worth it as it was cheaper than paying to fix my existing radio.  I did see some euro Ford radios with cassette, a 2006 series and even some OEM din size CD players, I wonder if any of those are compatible with the standard dual plug set-up.  Any input would be appreciated!  Thanks!

Re: '88 T-Bird radio interchange

Reply #1
im not sure about any factory ones interchanging, but aftermarket ones are easy to install, especially if you use the adapter harness's, which will plug into your factory harness, then plug into the back of the aftermarket
It's Gumby's fault.

Reply #2
aftermarkets are really simple to install, check out http://www.crutchfield.com when u order cuz they include all wiring harnesses and installation kits free with any order. they also give you diagramed instructions to install.

Reply #3
Thanks for the advice!

Reply #4
some of the factories work and some don't most of them dont because they have different plug-ins