Skip to main content
Topic: White 10 pin connector... (Read 10612 times) previous topic - next topic

White 10 pin connector...

i was looking over the wires in the engine compartment and noticed that the white ten pin connector had a wire disconnected  from the bottom part of of the connector, the color is straight orange, no stripes in it, does anyone know what the orange wire is for and what the connector is called? i checked out the link on jcassity's post for the 1987 wiring diagrams, and it dosent say much about it.
FOXLESS!!

1994 Lincoln Mark VIII

Reply #1
i did check it with a light tester while the engine was idling, tested both + and - no current either way....
FOXLESS!!

1994 Lincoln Mark VIII

Reply #2
Which connector?

Reply #3
its the orange wire on the one labeled c477
FOXLESS!!

1994 Lincoln Mark VIII

Reply #4
I had that one on mine to I ran it to ground.the oxy sensor ground wires are orange.
Old Grey Cat to this.88 Cat, 5.0 HO, CW mounts, mass air, CI custom cam, afr165's, Tmoss worked cobra intake, BBK shorty's,off road h pipe, magnaflow ex. T-5,spec stage 2 clutch, 8.8 373 TC trac loc, che ajustables with bullits on the rear. 11" brakes up front. +

Reply #5
did it make any difference when you grounded it?
FOXLESS!!

1994 Lincoln Mark VIII

Reply #6
Not that I could tell.
Old Grey Cat to this.88 Cat, 5.0 HO, CW mounts, mass air, CI custom cam, afr165's, Tmoss worked cobra intake, BBK shorty's,off road h pipe, magnaflow ex. T-5,spec stage 2 clutch, 8.8 373 TC trac loc, che ajustables with bullits on the rear. 11" brakes up front. +

Reply #7
you will find the connector and the wire starting on or around page 55 forward.  there you will see the eec pin outs for the 3.8, 5.0 and the 2.3.

seems to me that no ox sensor would singal a rich condition.  In an SO application, its not really all that big of a deal i suppose.  In a MAF application, its more important from what i understand.  V8demon has all this stuff logged into memory, he'd be the one to know it of the top of his head how important it is.

Reply #8
I'm not sure if just one disconnected would cause the ECU to switch to open loop.

I believe it would go into FMEM.

http://www.fordfuelinjection.com/?p=31

FWIW, anybody got the wiring diagram for the (2) 10 pin connectors they can post all big and readable?
-- 05 Mustang GT-Whipplecharged !!
--87 5.0 Trick Flow Heads & Intake - Custom Cam - Many other goodies...3100Lbs...Low12's!

Reply #9
I should add that my sensors were already grounded at the back of the heads, also by orange wires.

Reply #10
Hmm.  Looking at some wiring diagrams, I wonder if that wire is redundant....

So far as I can tell no wires within the actual HEGO harness are orange...
--87 5.0 Trick Flow Heads & Intake - Custom Cam - Many other goodies...3100Lbs...Low12's!

Reply #11
Here's a link when I asked a while ago.
http://www.foxtbirdcougarforums.com/showthread.php?t=15808&highlight=orange+wire

Reply #12
!  I posted in the other link by accident!

Oh well, here it is again, sorry :

http://www.foxtbirdcougarforums.com/showpost.php?p=242454&postcount=14

Hmmm....Should this show a code?

I would think not if I have the right idea in my head.....See the pic below. If that's correct, it will have no real effect on A/F ratio or open/closed loop...You might short something out though....Do I have this right?

Wiring was never a strong point with me.....trying to learn more and more.

Reply #13
It could be. I think they eliminated it, and just taped it off to the harness.

Reply #14
Refering to the picture in post #3:
I was only able to locate 7 wires for C477 in the 87 EVTM. None of them orange.

The orange ground wire for the right EGO is G214 in the picture. It has a ring terminal and is grounded to the back of the head.
According to the EVTM it goes through connector C429 and from there directly to pin 49 of the EEC.

The left EGO ground wire is G213. It is a GY/R wire that also goes through C429 and from there to pin 44 of the EEC.

The EGO ground wires do not actually hook to the EGO.

The bottom part of C477 and C475 go to the EEC, the top part to the engine bay.
Do you see a wire in the top part of C477 to match up with the orange wire in the bottom part ?