Skip to main content
Topic: BE Nice! to my 80 (Read 8856 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: BE Nice! to my 80

Reply #15
Chuck you have to check out this site he has a ton of useful info on 'our' cars although he hasn't done much to it in a while he assures me it is still alive and well :D

Youre gonna have to post some pics of those recaros, I've only ever seen them in the brochure photos, I didnt think anyone ever ordered them! If your car has the sport interior option it should also have the sport suspension package aswell if I'm not mistaken.
1980 birds X 3, 1982 bird, 1984 XR7, 1988 TC

Reply #16
Yeah Chuck, we need pics of that Recaro'd Bird. I've only seen pics of the 25th optioned with them:

That site tbirdscott linked to made me curious:

The Internet's ONLY definitive source for technical information regarding 1980-1982 Ford T-birds (not just copy/pasted stuff from magazines and Ford publicity ads).

I take it he's less than thrilled with my site?  http://blizzard.he.net/~foxbody/squarebirdcats.html
:(:(:(
pro-five-oh

88 Cougar XR-7...5.0HO, T-56, and much more                             
85 Thunderbird 30th...#2471, 29k, all original and might actually stay that way

Reply #17
That Fox site is yours? Joo need a better host, mang. :D

I was reading that Fox site a couple months back and about every 3-4 links, it would  out on me.

Reply #18
Yes its mine.  My site is a joke, I need to actually finish it one of these years. :( 

You have gotten bad links or the server actually took a dump?  I don't have all links and pictures up. I originally had it on geocities and that was okay until people started visiting it often and I'd run out of bandwidth everyday!
pro-five-oh

Reply #19
I got bandwidth exceeded messages or something like that, if I recall. I had to go back to it 2-3 times over the span of a week to read all of it.

Is the Geoslothies site still up? If so, maybe that's the copy I found. It would explain the problem.

Reply #20
You want pics?  I got a couple.  It's a Recaros Cougar though.  I have seen other TBirds with them though The car is in sorry shape really...but I got it for $100 and I now have covered storage for it until I get around to it..so things are good.
Pro-5-oh....it was THAT pic of the 25th Tbird interior that hooked me on those cars....

Here are some shots of when I picked it up.
Long live the 4-eyes!  - '83 Tbird Turbo

Reply #21
Quote from: Chuck W
You want pics?  I got a couple.  It's a Recaroes Cougar though.  I have seen other TBirds with them though The car is in sorry shape really...but I got it for $100 and I now have covered storage for it until I get around to it..so things are good.
Pro-5-oh....it was THAT pic of the 25th Tbird interior that hooked me on those cars....

Here are some shots of when I picked it up.

Oh wow, that totally makes the Cougar!  Kick ass!!! The seat fabrics remind me of 1970s high end european spec Porsche 928s or Mercedes...the ones with radical color cloth deemed too insane to be imported to America. 

Chuck, I remember we talked for a bit when I first set up the Geocities version of my site...I ordered some Kenny Brown super subs and a strut brace for my Cougar (Kenny Brown told me I should talk to you after I told him about my car at a Mustang show) a few years back.  You weren't in the office at the time so I just got the parts without talking to you.  Nice to see you are still keeping the Fox faith.  Bravo to you, sir. :) 

Bird351, I officially closed up the geocities site a few months ago, made all links point to my paid server.  If the new site gives you any trouble, please give me a holler. Thanks! :)
pro-five-oh

Reply #22
I would LOVE to have an 80-82 T-bird or Cougar 2-door.  Here's why:  My first car was an '84 LTD and those T-birds were the closest thing to a two-door LTD you could find. (Same dash and everything.)  Plus a more common 5.0 option.

My old LTD.

I saw an 80-somethin' Cougar XR-7 in the junkyard that was black, vynil 3/4 roof, had orange/red vynil seats, electronic 8-track, and full electronic (except odometer) cluster.  If I'm not mistaken, it might've had a sunroof too.

BE Nice! to my 80

Reply #23
Thought i'd update this with some pics of what made me decide to junk the car, the damage looks fairly light (helluva lot better than the sunbird that hit me) but it was enough to put a kink in the quarter panel... Oh well, whatcha gonna do

And one pic of the engine, pretty clean after blowing a couple tranny lines and hosing it all down with superclean to clean it up afterwards.

The interior is going in to my 82 along with a few other things, mostly trim, emblems, a fender, and maybe a door. Also want to try grafting a mustang t-roof in to it just to see if it could work, then off to the crusher. *tear*

BE Nice! to my 80

Reply #24
-nice find scott, it's hip to be square....
-'87 turbo coupe with only 740 ORIGINAL miles.... :dunce:
-'86 turbo coupe, 5sp. Cali Car.......:cool:

BE Nice! to my 80

Reply #26
So....if you trash that bumper cover...I could make use of that pseudo grille piece below the bumper ;)

BE Nice! to my 80

Reply #27
Do you just need the chrome trim or a piece of the actuall bumper? the cover got ripped on one side (guy offered to trailer it for free :rolleyes: ) so its getting junked, I know where to get another one. I have buckets of trim, does yours have the plastic or rubber trim?

BE Nice! to my 80

Reply #28
I need that grill-looking insert that goes below the bumper line that is on the 80's but not the 81-82's

BE Nice! to my 80

Reply #29
the grill part is actually molded in to the bumper cover with chrome trim attached to it