Skip to main content
Topic: April fools came early this year... (Read 3280 times) previous topic - next topic

April fools came early this year...

Reply #15
that sucks..

isnt that the 2nd time somthing shiznitty has happend to eliminator?

Reply #16
hell they caught the guy that stole my stang, and let him go, because they couldnt find the car, or make him tell them where it was...  I asked the cop to let me interogate him...  He will talk or die....  They wouldnt allow that...

Good luck on fixing it...

Reply #17
I've never had this happen, but I have come close.  I was at a friends party in a slightly dubious part of town, so I parked underneath a street light in the parking lot.  Another friend left early and while we were inside someone had boken several windows trying to steal  stuff, the friend who was leaving early caught the thieves (a bunch of 13-14 year olds) but they escaped into the cover of darkness before he could catch any of them.  They broke every window up to the car next to mine, dented the door of the car next to mine and were working on the car two past mine when they were found.  The weatherstripping on the window was pushed in as if they had tried to pick the lock but I can only assume they didn't like working under a streetlight and moved down the line.  Police, as expected, did nothing for the people who had damage.  Unless someone saw who it was and can ID him, you are probably out of luck.  Sucks that this sort of thing happens.
2000 Jaguar XK8 Convertible - 4.0L DOHC V8 (AJ27)
2018 Ford Explorer - 3.5L DOHC V6 (Duratec 35)
1999 Mercury Grand Marquis - 4.6L SOHC V8 (Modular)
1987 Mercury Cougar LS - 5.0L V8 (Windsor) [SOLD in 2009]

Reply #18
Wow all that for nothing.

My friends gf had her car broken into two nights ago. Right in front of their apartment (higher end apartments too). Now the alternator isnt charging the battery. They got her stereo and cheap walmart subwoofer setup. There were several other cars there that were broken into.

Im glad I dont keep anything valueable in my car. My stereo is 8 years old and my 'sub' is from an old set of computer speakers. I bet that still wouldnt stop someone from wreaking havoc on my car just for the hell of it.

Ive read a few stories of people catching the thieves in the act. Some of them are quite hillarious. You might as well do whatever you want to them, cause the cops sure wont. Beating them til they are out cold and chucking them in a dumpster...
93 Festiva L, 193k miles, BP+T/G25MR swap, T3 50trim .48/.42, SRT FMIC, Capri electronics/Rocketchip, 2.5" exhaust
bests: ET 12.86, MPH 110.25, 1.92 short
02 Subaru Impreza WRX, 129k miles
97 Subaru Impreza Outback Sport, 236k miles

Reply #19
I caught a thief trying to break into my '66 Galaxie when in high school. I was in the library, which overlooked the parking lot, and saw somebody ducking down between my car and the one next to it, doing something to my door. I ran out of the library and through the parking lot, ran up behind the buy, and tackled him. I beat the living bejeesus out of him, too, until the prinl came running and pulled me off him. Turns out it was a student from another high school, cutting class to rob cars at our school.  scratched the hell out of the paint on my Galaxie, too.

Revenge can be funny, too. When I had my Trans Am I had several cheap stereos stolen out of it. I got tired of the cops telling me there's nothing they can do (they were right, of course, but it still pissed me off) so I got hold of an old Alpine stereo, gutted it, stuffed a bunch of model rocket engines into it, connected the starter wires for the rocket engines to the wiring harness, then mocked up an install in my T/A. Sure enough, it went missing within days. I never heard whether anyone ever connected power to that "stereo" or not, but nobody ever stole the stereo from my T/A again afterwards.

A buddy of mine set up a y trap in his car, too. He epoxied a bunch of razor blades all over the back of his stereo. His plan backfired, though - the thief did cut himself, presumably badly, and he didn't get the stereo, but his bleeding ruined my buddy's interior. He bled EVERYWHERE!!! The police were unimpressed as well, giving my buddy shiznit for trying to protect his own property, telling him that he could get in big trouble if the thief came forward and pressed charges (and sadly enough, they were right). They did take a chunk of thumb with them for evidence in case somebody went looking for medical help, though...
2015 Mustang GT Premium - 5.0, 6-speed, Guard Green - too much awesome for one car

1988 5.0 Thunderbird :birdsmily: SOLD SEPT 11 2010: TC front clip/hood ♣ Body & paint completed Oct 2007 ♣ 3.55 TC rear end and front brakes ♣ TC interior ♣ CHE rear control arms (adjustable lowers) ♣ 2001 Bullitt springs ♣ Energy suspension poly busings ♣ Kenne Brown subframe connectors ♣ CWE engine mounts ♣ Thundercat sequential turn signals ♣ Explorer overhead console (temp/compass display) ♣ 2.25" off-road dual exhaust ♣ T-5 transmission swap completed Jan 2009 ♣

Reply #20
 that sucks, thieves are total POS. :mad:

Quote from: Thunder Chicken;207265
I caught a thief trying to break into my '66 Galaxie when in high school. I was in the library, which overlooked the parking lot, and saw somebody ducking down between my car and the one next to it, doing something to my door. I ran out of the library and through the parking lot, ran up behind the buy, and tackled him. I beat the living bejeesus out of him, too, until the prinl came running and pulled me off him. Turns out it was a student from another high school, cutting class to rob cars at our school.  scratched the hell out of the paint on my Galaxie, too.

Revenge can be funny, too. When I had my Trans Am I had several cheap stereos stolen out of it. I got tired of the cops telling me there's nothing they can do (they were right, of course, but it still pissed me off) so I got hold of an old Alpine stereo, gutted it, stuffed a bunch of model rocket engines into it, connected the starter wires for the rocket engines to the wiring harness, then mocked up an install in my T/A. Sure enough, it went missing within days. I never heard whether anyone ever connected power to that "stereo" or not, but nobody ever stole the stereo from my T/A again afterwards.

A buddy of mine set up a y trap in his car, too. He epoxied a bunch of razor blades all over the back of his stereo. His plan backfired, though - the thief did cut himself, presumably badly, and he didn't get the stereo, but his bleeding ruined my buddy's interior. He bled EVERYWHERE!!! The police were unimpressed as well, giving my buddy shiznit for trying to protect his own property, telling him that he could get in big trouble if the thief came forward and pressed charges (and sadly enough, they were right). They did take a chunk of thumb with them for evidence in case somebody went looking for medical help, though...

Yah I can see the flaw with the whole razor blade thing. You never know what some POS drug addict thief is carrying either. :hick:
Matt
1984 Thunderbird - 89 302 HO, GT40 heads w/ Trick Flow springs, E303 cam, Edelbrock Performer 289 intake and 600 cfm 4bbl, Mustang headers, Jegs o/r H pipe, Dynomax lers, Mustang AOD and shifter, Mustang 8.8 w/ 3.73s, 3G alternator, Mustang front and rear sway bars, KYB 87-88 Turbo Coupe shocks and struts, and 11" front brakes.

1988 Mustang GT - GT40 heads, Explorer intake, 70mm throttle body, 70mm MAF, Crane 1.7 rrs, E303 cam, Kirban Kwik shifter w/ Pro 5.0 deluxe handle, aluminum clutch quadrant and firewall adjuster, o/r h pipe, Dynomax lers, 3G alternator, aluminum radiator, and 3.27 gears.

1986 Cougar 5.0, 1989 Mark VII LSC 5 speed, 1980 Mercury Zephyr 4 door (sold)

Reply #21
Back when my cougar was new, I used to go to my friends house in the worst crack neighborhood in Niagara Falls.
Boy did that thing stick out like a diamond in the rough. People were always eyeing it up as I drove into the hood
I used to leave my doors unlocked and never mounted my stereo into the dash. It pretty much just sat in the space.
After about 2 1/2 years of doing that, it never got broken into. And it sat parked on a dark street from dusk till 3 am most nights
Go figure.

I hope you can get everything fixed OK
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
***** Project "EVOLUTION" 1987 Cougar LS  & 1985 Cougar Convertible *****
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Pretty much every panel on my 87 is new, rebuilt, or re constructed. :D
Join us on Facebook

Reply #22
Quote from: 5.0 bird;207277
that sucks, thieves are total POS. :mad:

Yah I can see the flaw with the whole razor blade thing. You never know what some POS drug addict thief is carrying either. :hick:

When I had my alarm installed, the first thing the salesman asked me was what kind of car I had...was it a 'Vette or something? When I explained that it was a T-Bird, he started to rule OUT features that I wouldn't need. The idea here was that I was trying to stop "crackheads", not professionals who would go after a 'Vette, Mercedes S-class, etc. Sorry to say it, but that's our enemy--the crackhead who needs quick cash, the no-class loser, or the jealous kid. Pros aren't looking at our cars.

Get an alarm, and make sure it's as LOUD and OBNOXIOUS as you can get. Make sure it makes your car visible as well (e.g. flash the lights), and make sure that the LED is visible to warn them away.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
5.0L Speed density
Explorer intake
'92 Mustang GT cam
GT-40 racing heads
Unequal length headers
Custom-made duals
19# injectors
65mm TB
AFPR
T/C header panel
11" brake upgrade
T/C rear sway bar
Electrical mods: too many to list :D

Reply #23
im getting one, but ill pulling there horn out, and adding a train air horn, I wanna BLOW there ear drums out if they touch my car!
RIP 1988 and 1990 Lincoln Mark VII LSC
I welcomed the dark side and currently am driving a 2000 Dodge Durango SLT plus, with a 5.9, Code named project "Night Runner"
Shes black on black, fully loaded, with headers, 180 tstat, e fan, straight exhaust into a cherry bomb vortex ler, full tune up, ported intake and T/B, MSD coil, and round aircleaner.
Mods to come: Fully rebuilt and heavily modded 46RE, and a richmond rachet locker.
my $300 beater ;)
R.I.P Kayleigh Raposa 12/18/90 - 2/24/07

Reply #24
 martin that sucks bro i have a dr window glass you can have it u just half to pay the shiping
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Reply #25
Now that I'm thinking about it. I believe my stereo had a theft system built into it. I remember a blinking red light on it. It probably stopped anyone from stealing it, thinking there was a working alarm system in the car. Although I never had an alarm hooked up in the car.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Join us on Facebook

Reply #26
Eclipse CD stereos use an ID disc. If power is cut to the stereo, it won't operate again until you insert the disc. You can choose any music CD you want as the ID disc, and the thief has no way of knowing which one it is (just don't lose it). That's pretty good deterrence, as long as they know it's an Eclipse (has ESN - Eclipse Security Network).

(and no, I ain't saying which one I chose ;) )
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
5.0L Speed density
Explorer intake
'92 Mustang GT cam
GT-40 racing heads
Unequal length headers
Custom-made duals
19# injectors
65mm TB
AFPR
T/C header panel
11" brake upgrade
T/C rear sway bar

Reply #27
(and no, I ain't saying which one I chose  )

Beatles--Abby Road
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook

Reply #28
Quote from: daminc;207343
Beatles--Abby Road

Wouldn't be a bad choice, but WRONG :)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
5.0L Speed density
Explorer intake
'92 Mustang GT cam
GT-40 racing heads
Unequal length headers
Custom-made duals
19# injectors
65mm TB
AFPR
T/C header panel
11" brake upgrade
T/C rear sway bar

Reply #29
Thanks, guys. I think I have the glass covered, but I'm going to need a new pice of window trim and a new butcher block.

This also pretty much seals the deal on moving. I'm going to be moving into a house with a two car garage very soon.