Skip to main content
Topic: 14.33 (Read 2483 times) previous topic - next topic

Just got back from Rock Falls Raceway.  The day was up and down, but all in all I'm quite happy.  First couple runs were very disappointing, right around 14.85.  My 3rd run not sure what happened, but the clutch was slipping like crazy, so I pulled into the pits and let her cool down a bit.  Thought I broke something, but maybe it just got overheated or glazed over.  Whoops, forgot to take out the floor mat, MUCH better!

I ran a 14.337 (Ok, 14.34) at 96.24 MPH.  Very pleased with that time!  Keep in mind, I have base timing still set at 10*, haven't advanced it to 12* like has been recommended.  Also, still have both my front and rear sway bars.

2nd time I almost broke the car, I got to the end of the track and was told to pull over.  Looked underneath, oil EVERYWHERE.  At first I thought a tranny seal went, got into the pits and it turned out my oil dipstick blew out and shot oil out.  Got her cleaned up, zip-tied that bad boy down and was ready to go.

The air temp climbed and I never did get any faster, but I think the car had another tenth or so as it stood.  With advancing the timing, who knows.

I found that my best times happened when I barely spun the tires in the burnout box, then spun right off the line.  I had a problem with bogging down, I think I coulda picked up a little time there too.  All in all, a great day at the track.  Nothing broke, came home safe, and almost went a whole second faster than last year  :thumbup:

I'll have some videos soon.

Reply #1
Are you running the stock turbo or the T-3? I can't get to your cardomain page, I think the site is down.
2005 Subaru WRX STi|daily driver

Reply #2
Post up a slip or type it in and I'll add you to the Top 25!

Reply #3
Its the stock little IHI turbo, running around 20 PSI.

Reply #4
Quote from: Inspiribomb;148381
Its the stock little IHI turbo, running around 20 PSI.

NICE! :)

A shame to get oil all over that PC'd engine bay.
2005 Subaru WRX STi|daily driver

Reply #5
Well, it didn't really spray, just dripped down the dipstick tube and ran all over my exhaust and crossmember bushings and stuff.

Reply #9
Sweet!  Now I just have to take the spot over at NATO for fastest IHI-powered TC at NATO ;)  You can hear the surprise in my step dad and brother's voices.  I had been running around 14.85 until that run...

Reply #10
Forgot to mention, my other really good time was 14.396 at 97.07 MPH.  Slower ET, but faster MPH.