Skip to main content
Topic: Feeler: My 88 Cougar 3.8L (Read 516 times) previous topic - next topic

Feeler: My 88 Cougar 3.8L

Hey guys, I've been gone a while. I just haven't had the time or the money to play with the old cat lately, and as a result I have decided it better to let it go to a good home. For those of you don't know (or remember) anything about my car the link to my project thread is [thread=28690]here[/thread]. There is a list of all work done to it on the first post, and an extensive amount of photos throughout the thread. I am just trying to see if there is any interest if anyone wants to take this poor thing off my hands, if so I will post more information and photos of it's current condition. The car currently does not run, I believe this is due to needing a replacement ECU, should be fairly simple.

I also have a few spare parts and misc. accessories. I am considering pretty much any offer, I just don't want it to go to the syard, and I don't have the time to part it out. The car is located in Belleview, FL 34420.
--Steve
[thread=28690]1988 Cougar V6[/thread]
2012 F-150 3.7L
2011 Mustang 3.7L

Reply #1
Hey man, i was cleaning out my car yesterday and found an envelope with the forum cards, with a new envelope addressed to you. I ripped it open, i never dropped it off in the mail. The money order and envelope got wet and isn't legible anymore.

Pm me your address and an amount for another couple of cards if you have any left.

Have you ran through the efi no start procedures on the car? If it was still running and driving would you keep it?
Quote from: jcassity
I honestly dont think you could exceed the cost of a new car buy installing new *stock* parts everywhere in your coug our tbird. Its just plain impossible. You could revamp the entire drivetrain/engine/suspenstion and still come out ahead.
Hooligans! 
1988 Crown Vic wagon. 120K California car. Wifes grocery getter. (junked)
1987 Ford Thunderbird LX. 5.0. s.o., sn-95 t-5 and an f-150 clutch. Driven daily and going strong.
1986 cougar.
lilsammywasapunkrocker@yahoo.com

Reply #2
Steve,

I hate to see another one go.  I personally have an addiction to these cars, as well as plenty of space to store them (2 36x96 quonsets)

Pretty please, don't s it or part it after putting all that work in it.  It's worth something to someone here. 

You're a long haul away from me, or I would give this a nice home next to its brothers.  My next will probably be a TC or XR7 with 5 speed, but I'd take your car anyday given what you've done to keep it looking sharp.

Geoff
T-Birds can't fly.  Ask how I know...