Skip to main content
Topic: Birdie Update Time... (Read 3326 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Birdie Update Time...

Reply #15
Yea I hosed it off after I took that pic. So Crystal what color ya gonna paint the bird now?
85 Tbird 5.0
78 F150 351w
13 F150 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost

Reply #16
Candy Apple Red. :hick:

Reply #17
Quote from: 88FoxBird
Yea I hosed it off after I took that pic. So Crystal what color ya gonna paint the bird now?

Why would I be painting it again?!

Actually, this car's going to be driven in to the ground and a restart happening when I get re-oriented. My car is a giant rust bucket, it just looks pretty on the outside ;)

Reply #18
So crystal did venting the hood mess up the paint or did you have it repainted after the vents were punched.
One 88

Reply #19
The hood has to be stripped to punch the louvers. The hood and Fenders were painted less than a month ago

Reply #20
Primer rules and everyone knows it. :headbang:

yeah, because it holds the paint on the car
It's Gumby's fault.

Reply #21
wrong! is makes a good topcoat aswell :p

Reply #22
Protects against rust to. So hah, primer is teh win!
85 Tbird 5.0
78 F150 351w
13 F150 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost

Reply #23
Protects against rust to. So hah, primer is teh win!

FALSE!  Primer will NOT protect against rust.  It's far too pourous and it lets air, moisture and anything else in. Can't protect metal from rust like paint can.  Sure, it's better than bare metal, but not by much.

Reply #24
Learn somethin new everyday.
85 Tbird 5.0
78 F150 351w
13 F150 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost

Reply #25
HELL YEA THAT LOOK'S VERY SICK .GIRL KEEP IT UP :flame:

Reply #26
Quote from: Ifixyawata
FALSE!  Primer will NOT protect against rust.  It's far too pourous and it lets air, moisture and anything else in. Can't protect metal from rust like paint can.  Sure, it's better than bare metal, but not by much.

I can vouch for this. Had to sand and re-primer a couple spots on the fender I repainted because I let it sit too long with just primer on.

Reply #27
Quote from: Bird351
I can vouch for this. Had to sand and re-primer a couple spots on the fender I repainted because I let it sit too long with just primer on.

Well that sucks, I assumed it did what with all the primered cars about and whatnot.
2005 Subaru WRX STi|daily driver