Skip to main content
Topic: My 88 TC up for sale. (Read 513 times) previous topic - next topic

My 88 TC up for sale.

It's time for me to move on to bigger and better things in life. The 2.3T ride has been run, but I had a lot of things go on in my life as of recently, and it's time for some changes.

I'm selling the car, and my stash of 2.3T parts. Everything is going, other than a few odds and ends, and my Tri-ax and .

The run down of mods/parts:
-SC50 turbo (needs wastegate actuator)
-Bobs log with no EGR.
-RR cam
-Race engineering cam pulley
-Under drive pulleys
-Custom cold air intake
-HKS SSQV blow off valve
-3G alternator (soon to be installed)
-Catch can setup.
-2-core aluminum radiator with 1" thick cores, aluminum shroud and 14" fan
-Chuck W motor mounts
-Poly transmission mount
-Aluminum transmission crossmember bushings
-Walbro GSS340 fuel pump.
-Custom clutch, chatters a little if you don't give it a good amount of gas
-New flywheel
-Stinger exhaust, custom hung, with a magnaflow cat, hooker maxflow ler, and a DMH performance cutout.
-5-lug conversion using Mark VII rotors, axles, and caliper brackets.
-Cross drilled/slotted rotors.
-Poly swaybar bushings and endlinks.
-Spearco 20psi boost gauge on the pillar.
-Hallman Pro boost controller.

Parts included, but that wont be installed.
-FMIC setup. I have a 25x12x3" FMIC, four 2.5" U-bends, four 2.5" 90* bends, and four 2.5" 45* bends. I also have a weld on  for the blow off valve.
-SVO T3 with ATP adapter .
-Spare E6 manifold.
-Motorsport C-springs for the front, and SN95 springs for the rear.
-Almost new, stock fog lights.
-Aluminum 5-lug spare. Needs a different tire put on, but the spares are hard to find.
-I have tons and tons of spare parts, and stuff. My friends have dibs on some of it, but I can dig up what I have.

The bad stuff.
-The car needs shocks and struts. I intended on putting Koni's on it when I did the springs, but time/money hasn't gone my way.
-The car needs tires.
-The door bottoms are rotten out
-Needs paint
-Interior is a little rough. It wouldn't be hard to take care of if you have some time.
-Transmission whines a bit. It goes in and out of gear beautifully, shifts great, it just whines a bit.
-Rear end has a little vibration. I drove it like this for a few thousand miles with no issue other than a little annoyance here and there.
-I have no trunk key. This is no real big deal considering the car has keyless entry, and has the electric trunk release in the glove box.
-Rubber brake lines.
-Rear brake work (I have the parts)
-No A/C. It didn't work, so I chopped the lines, pulled the compressor, and condensor. I have the compressor and bracket, so if you were to get lines, a dryer, and condensor, it would be made to work.
-Needs valve stem seals (I have them also)

This car is fully loaded, it has everything but the automatic, which is worth not having. It has red leather interior thats a bit rough, and has a cracked dash, but what bird doesn't these days? I have a few pictures of the car on here, and of the exhaust setup. I'll get more once I clean all of my junk out of it.

http://s112.photobucket.com/albums/n184/Tbird232ci/TC/

The car is very solid, never been in an accident that caused actual structural damage. I've had it on a lift, and looked for evidence of a bad accident, and there is none. The radiator support is bent upwards, but that's because it was pulled out of a ditch by a knucklehead.

I'm trying to get 3,000 for the car, and everything included. If the car doesn't sell with everything, I'd consider selling just the car, with the SVO T3 on it, intercooler without the BOV, and none of the other performance parts that I have sitting around.

I am a bit negotiable, and may or may not be willing to do some work on the car. This car is not getting parted out, and I'm not selling off any parts until the car is sold.
It's Gumby's fault.

My 88 TC up for sale.

Reply #1
Looks like a nice car, and a good deal.
1986 Mercury Cougar - 2.3T/T5 swap, TC brakes and suspension and rearend, 3" exhaust, 255 lph fuel pump, Stinger BOV, Gillis MBC @ 18 psi
2003 Chevy Suburban Z71 - Daily driver
2015 Chevy Volt - Wife's daily driver