Skip to main content
Topic: racing seats? (Read 1515 times) previous topic - next topic

racing seats?

does anybody know where i can pick up 2 racing seats? ive found a few but idk if they will work with my floor mounting brackets.
http://www.jcwhitney.com/seats/ford-thunderbird-1988/c3380d667y1988j1s23.jcwx
1987 turbo coupe 5speed: Boport stage 3 head/2.5 cam , Precision stage 3 50trim .63 turbo, Tial 38mm wastegate, Jangus gutted/ported intake manifolds, 60mm tb, Jangus open dumptube, Jangus 3" elbow, Perrin boost controller,Esslinger adjustable cam pulley, Esslinger small crank pulley, stinger FMI, RFL BOV, Spec stage 3 clutch, B&M short throw, 140 speedo, Walbo 255lph, BBK fpr, 3G alternator, ARP studs.  Be faster... :poke:

racing seats?

Reply #1
anybody?
1987 turbo coupe 5speed: Boport stage 3 head/2.5 cam , Precision stage 3 50trim .63 turbo, Tial 38mm wastegate, Jangus gutted/ported intake manifolds, 60mm tb, Jangus open dumptube, Jangus 3" elbow, Perrin boost controller,Esslinger adjustable cam pulley, Esslinger small crank pulley, stinger FMI, RFL BOV, Spec stage 3 clutch, B&M short throw, 140 speedo, Walbo 255lph, BBK fpr, 3G alternator, ARP studs.  Be faster... :poke:

racing seats?

Reply #2
Will you be racing the car? What kind of harness will you install? What is your budget?
"I put my foot in my tank and I began to roll." Chuck Berry

racing seats?

Reply #4
i will be drag racing my car everynow and then. im just going to be using an everyday seat belt. i dont know how to set up a 4 point harness...

racing seats?

Reply #5
will any of those seats from JCwhitney work with stock floor mounted rails?

racing seats?

Reply #6
http://http://www.summitracing.com/parts/CMB-27-0013/

they come with brackets and dont get much cheeper then that!

1987 cougar XR7 347 stroker FRP BOSS block 328rwhp 10.89 1/4mile @126mph ..so far..

2005 F150 5.4 vortec supercharged @15psi water methenol injected 450rwhp 14.0@98mph on 22's

racing seats?

Reply #7
Those are "racing" seats in name only.

Almost anything you get is going to require you to come up with some sort of adapter or such.  However, if they are made to attach to 79-04 Mustang seat tracks, they will attach to your seat tracks as well. (Notice I said to the tracks...not to the floor).

Those seats you linked looked like garbage IMO.
Long live the 4-eyes!  - '83 Tbird Turbo

racing seats?

Reply #8
Quote from: Chuck W;333741
Those are "racing" seats in name only.

Almost anything you get is going to require you to come up with some sort of adapter or such.  However, if they are made to attach to 79-04 Mustang seat tracks, they will attach to your seat tracks as well. (Notice I said to the tracks...not to the floor).

Those seats you linked looked like garbage IMO.

Actually I believe they say SPORT seat. Real race seats shouldnt be used unless you NEED them.  what do you want for that price???

1987 cougar XR7 347 stroker FRP BOSS block 328rwhp 10.89 1/4mile @126mph ..so far..

2005 F150 5.4 vortec supercharged @15psi water methenol injected 450rwhp 14.0@98mph on 22's

racing seats?

Reply #9
My comment was for the OP.

Those ProCar seats don't look to have much in the way of bolsters either.  Even for that kind of money, I'd look for a set of used Recaros.

Either would be better than old broken down stock seats, but unless you did some interior work to match, they would grossly out of place.
Long live the 4-eyes!  - '83 Tbird Turbo

racing seats?

Reply #10
I'm a Kirkey guy. They make my favorite seats. I use the intermediate road racing seat in my race car.
"I put my foot in my tank and I began to roll." Chuck Berry

racing seats?

Reply #11
The seats in the link you posted will bolt to your factory tracks, BUT the front of the seat will sit higher than the back. I needed new seats for my Cougar when I got it and they had some of them on Clearance at the warehouse.

racing seats?

Reply #12
I like some of the racing seats,but the problem I had,when I almost bought a set,was the rear seat.It really needs to look like the front,or,it just looks as though you added two spare seats to the car and they don't match.I think I'm just too picky these days,but I feel,at least for the Sport,that things need to match and look as though it belongs.Re-covering the rear seat shouldn't be too expensive.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..