Skip to main content
Topic: Insurance company warning (Read 804 times) previous topic - next topic

Insurance company warning

Well my 1996 Bird was involved in a hit and run in front of my house. I filed all the forms the insurance company wanted. Then the turn around and tell me they valued my car at $1700. I asked them how KBB and NADA list it for almost $1000 more. They told me they use a company called CCC Valuescope.

This company takes vehicles from around the are and then adjust the value on them to their liking. When I say area they seem to think that the area I live in includes parts of Indiana, Wisconsin, and Missouri.

I have been using Esurance for over 5 years and have never had a problem with them until now. They are now trying to tell me they are not going to reimburse me on the tax, title, and license fees which is part of Illinois state law that they have to.

So what I am saying is this is a warning to any one here that uses them. I would find a new insurance company.

Reply #1
 that sucks man. sounds like you got some luck like mine!
1971 Camaro Blown 640ci
1988 T-Top Mustang
1980 Mustang coupe
1988 Thunderbird TurboCoupe
And a purple mini van! :burnout:

Previous Thunderbirds:
1988 Sport

Reply #2
This was the second hit and run in a month. The first one was the pizza guy and the neighbors happen to see him.

Reply #3
Supply your insurance with ads supporting your assertion that the car is worth more. I had to do this when my 1986 Olds 442 was totaled. It took about 3 weeks, but they eventually payed me pretty much what I said it was worth. I should add that this was not with Esurance, but another company.

Shiny Side Up!
Bill
"as if 'religion' were something God invented, and not His statement to us of certain quite unalterable facts about His own nature." -C.S. Lewis

Reply #4
Yep mines dickin me around for some stolen audio equipment to and saying they only give me 1/4 of the value.
I'm still fighting with them but after i get cash i will be changing insurance companies.
They like to take your money but they don't like to give it back when something happens.

Reply #5
although mine wasnt a hit and run when my mustang was totaled the insurance company used the NADA for a base value and adjusted it by searching for similar cars for sale within a 100 miles or so.
my mustang was pretty beat up before the accident and i still got $2200 for it(if it wasnt i couldve got almost 7k) so im sure your getting jerked around some by them, but, in the end the insurance company can use any method they wish to calculate the value of you car when it comes time to pay up. gotta read the even finer print inside the fine print.
if you try to blue book them and say the car is worth so and so i wouldnt be surprised if they laughed in your face, no offense.
"Beating the hell out of other peoples cars since 1999"
1983 Ford Thunderbird Heritage
1984 Ford Mustang GT Turbo Convertible