Skip to main content
Topic: For Sale Rebuildable 1988 3.8L V6 Block (Read 736 times) previous topic - next topic

For Sale Rebuildable 1988 3.8L V6 Block

Is anybody interested or should I haul it to the junk yard?

Re: For Sale Rebuildable 1988 3.8L V6 Block

Reply #1
It would probably help if we knew where you lived.. :D

Reply #2
(:disappoin)
1980 birds X 3, 1982 bird, 1984 XR7, 1988 TC

Reply #3
Quote from: tbirdscott
Yeah someone might need a boat anchor

Let's see.. you badmouth native Americans, and I'm part Blackfoot. You make a scene in a newbie's thread, after I quietly try to deal with the situation in PMs. Now you're running your mouth about something I *might* have a bit of interest in. I think I've just about had enough of your . Welcome to my ignore list, tbirdscott.

Sorry to everyone else, especially the starter of this thread. I'm just fed up with this guy.

Reply #4
So, all that aside, where are ya?

IF you're close by, and only looking for a few bucks for it vs. junking it, I MIGHT have a use for it. But if you're trying to get serious amounts of money for it, I really can't help ya there. Already have 3 engines between 2 cars to take care of.

What I can use it for is practice. While I've done an engine swap before, (Fairmont 2.3 replacing a Capri's 2.3) I've never torn one down. I'd like some practice on it before I tear into the 302 or 351W.. also, I'm thinking about trying my hand at gasket-matching/light porting work with just my Dremel for now. (if I did well with it, I'd pick up a die grinder) I could take a V6 like that, tear it down, rebuild it, practice what I wanna practice, and if it ends up being a mild performance build, I'd consider the possibility of replacing the V6 in my '86 with it. Already have one V8 swap/rebuild planned for my '88.. so now I don't have any real desire to put a V8 into the '86 as well. (yes, to the others, I'm aware that a SEFI 3.8 replacing a CFI 3.8 is probably going to be pretty complicated.. about as much so as a V8 swap.. I don't really care. Hopefully by then I'd have the '88 on the road and could afford to monkey around with the '86)

Reply #5
If you are interested and want something different look at the 4 bbl intake for the 3.8 at this sight. http://www.moranav6racing.com/

Reply #6
Good find, wildbill - that place has some cool stuff! I didn't know the 3.8 could be stroked to 4.6 liters...
2015 Mustang GT Premium - 5.0, 6-speed, Guard Green - too much awesome for one car

1988 5.0 Thunderbird :birdsmily: SOLD SEPT 11 2010: TC front clip/hood ♣ Body & paint completed Oct 2007 ♣ 3.55 TC rear end and front brakes ♣ TC interior ♣ CHE rear control arms (adjustable lowers) ♣ 2001 Bullitt springs ♣ Energy suspension poly busings ♣ Kenne Brown subframe connectors ♣ CWE engine mounts ♣ Thundercat sequential turn signals ♣ Explorer overhead console (temp/compass display) ♣ 2.25" off-road dual exhaust ♣ T-5 transmission swap completed Jan 2009 ♣