Skip to main content
Topic: 1988 Turbo Coupe... SOLD (Read 1210 times) previous topic - next topic

1988 Turbo Coupe... SOLD

Runs good... Engine quiet and strong, 5 speed, with sun roof, good tires. White/red interior

Needs some TLC, leather seats poor cond(have some fairly nice slip covers), bad heater core, a few dents here and there. Has some surface rust on a couple of the dings, but car is solid with no rust out. I'll get some pictures up soon.

The first $700(FIRM) takes it.

Re: 1988 Turbo Coupe... VA Beach area

Reply #1
dammit Tom, why cant you be closer, and why cant you want 200 cheaper

actually, you got any pics...thinking about it, i may be interested...
It's Gumby's fault.

Reply #3
Boy, now where have I seen that liscence plate before???
Duckin' agents like we was trapped in da matrix!

Reply #4
:nono:
Quote from: Mercoug302
Boy, now where have I seen that liscence plate before???

:nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :brick:

Hey it looks fine from the street, keeps the city off my back....

Reply #5
Quote from: TurboCoupe50
car is solid with no rust out.

I assume that this means that the floor pans and trunk pan is good also?

Reply #6
Quote from: thundergrowl
I assume that this means that the floor pans and trunk pan is good also?

They are so solid....... you could jack he car up with the trunk or floor pans. I've only had one rusty TC, and I parted it out...

Reply #7
Thanks Tom, I'm gonna have to do some hard thinking.

Thank you for requesting a quote from FedEx Custom Critical AutoTrans.  Your quote has been individually prepared for you according to your service requirements.  The cost to ship your 1988 FORD THUNDERBIRD via an Open Multicar Transport, from VIRGINIA BEACH, VA to ST. JOHN'S, NF on a standard delivery schedule will be $1220 US FUNDS, DOOR TO HALIFAX TERMIANL.####.  This price includes the following: all taxes, tolls fuel surcharges and loading charges. Finally, if you have not already done so, when you book your shipment, you must specify whether the vehicle is running or not since an additional winching fee will apply and we must be certain to dispatch a transporter with winching equipment.  NOTE THAT WE CANNOT SHIP VEHICLES THAT ARE NOT STEERABLE OR ROLLABLE OR NOT ON RUBBER TIRES

And that doesn't include any duties that may apply :disappoin. also, it seems that it will only get it to Halifax. It'll cost another $500 or more to get it here.

Reply #8
Your killing me Tom...

Reply #9
SOLD......

One of the locals from Turbo Ford just drove it away...

Re: 1988 Turbo Coupe... SOLD

Reply #10
Thundergrowl: There's an '88 for sale in the Bargain Hunter for $1000 I could call about if you wanted... I have no idea what shape it's in or what engine is in it or anything, but a simple phone call would find out...
2015 Mustang GT Premium - 5.0, 6-speed, Guard Green - too much awesome for one car

1988 5.0 Thunderbird :birdsmily: SOLD SEPT 11 2010: TC front clip/hood ♣ Body & paint completed Oct 2007 ♣ 3.55 TC rear end and front brakes ♣ TC interior ♣ CHE rear control arms (adjustable lowers) ♣ 2001 Bullitt springs ♣ Energy suspension poly busings ♣ Kenne Brown subframe connectors ♣ CWE engine mounts ♣ Thundercat sequential turn signals ♣ Explorer overhead console (temp/compass display) ♣ 2.25" off-road dual exhaust ♣ T-5 transmission swap completed Jan 2009 ♣

Re: 1988 Turbo Coupe... SOLD

Reply #11
I'm glade you sold it, TurboCoupe50.

Thunder Chicken: It would have to be a great, rust free, deal for me to buy it right now. I had to go out this past weekend and buy the wife a new winter beater. An oldman driven 1989 sunbird I4 71000km. The 1991 AWD Camry blew the transmission...and I trashed a perfectly good one this past summer. :(

I guess a phone call wouldn't hurt though. lmk.