Skip to main content
Topic: Your Opinions (Read 2989 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Your Opinions

Reply #30
Gonna be a bitch to get at those plugs again. 5.0 plus ABS = my stupid half-crippled ass layin' on top of the engine to snake my hand down there to get the back two on the driver's side again.

Oh well, I want to change the plug wires to FMS 9mms soon.. be a good time to do that.. pull a wire, clean the plug, put on new wire.

My plan for the O2s is to drop the H-pipe on the '88 LSC if it's still good and hammer out those cats, and try those O2 sensors on the '89. (can buy new ones if needed) So far that car has been a sanity-saver as a parts car. Clutch fan, radiator, ABS relay, alternator, even the serp. belt got scavenged. Still want to find another LSC fan to buy the body, though.. it's a shame to let a straight body like that go to waste in my front yard. (wouldn't mind keeping the engine and a couple other pieces and then just selling everything else off for $100 or something)

Reply #31
Quote from: Bird351
Still want to find another LSC fan to buy the body, though.. it's a shame to let a straight body like that go to waste in my front yard. (wouldn't mind keeping the engine and a couple other pieces and then just selling everything else off for $100 or something)

I would love it but too far away. You might try posting it over at FvC. There are alot of Mark guys over there.

Reply #32
Quote from: slamedcat
I would love it but too far away. You might try posting it over at FvC. There are alot of Mark guys over there.

It's a  shame for you that I don't tow, because I'll have to go to Illinois for either Thanksgiving or X-mas. :p

Reply #33
, It would be nice to have another. They just ride so nice, but yet still handle like a sports car to a point.

What part of Illinois are you headed to?

The part about cleaning the fuel injectors. You might also want to make sure they are all the same rating. I changed the upper intake on my cougar and found 3 different color injectors. The car ran alot smoother and better after I put all the same in there.

Reply #34
Chicago area.

Reply #35
Chicago area.

Bundle up its cold if you are out by the lake.
Thats about 3 hours from me too bad its not closer we could meet up or something.

Reply #36
Chicago area.

Thats about 3 hours from me too bad your not going to be closer we could meet up or something.

Reply #37
Quote from: slamedcat
Thats about 3 hours from me too bad its not closer we could meet up or something.

I won't be happy if it's later in the year.. I have never driven on snow.

Reply #38
actually, snow is alot of fun if you take it right. As long as you take it slow and easy it is fine. I used to have a funny video of some freak snow storm (maybe less then an inch) in flordia and all of these suv's flipping over and cars just smashing into each other. It was really funny.
Quote from: jcassity
I honestly dont think you could exceed the cost of a new car buy installing new *stock* parts everywhere in your coug our tbird. Its just plain impossible. You could revamp the entire drivetrain/engine/suspenstion and still come out ahead.
Hooligans! 
1988 Crown Vic wagon. 120K California car. Wifes grocery getter. (junked)
1987 Ford Thunderbird LX. 5.0. s.o., sn-95 t-5 and an f-150 clutch. Driven daily and going strong.
1986 cougar.
lilsammywasapunkrocker@yahoo.com

Reply #39
About the whole twincharger deal:

The max output is not 36.75 psi.  2.5 bar is 14.7 x 2.5 (or close enough, as 1 bar is equivalent to 0.99 atmoshperes of pressure), so while you're all correct in the fact that the math comes out to 36.75 psi, you forget that boost is referenced at ABOVE atmospheric pressure.  In light of this, the max output would be 36.75-14.7 = 22.05, or just 22psi.  That's  pretty good, but definately not uncommon (as I'm sure all you 2.3 turbo guys already know). ;)