Skip to main content
Topic: any car can be something Dodge Colt transformation (Read 3541 times) previous topic - next topic

any car can be something Dodge Colt transformation

79 dodge colt

what you are about to see is a 7.56 sec 1/8 mile car

car weighs 2125 with driver

Reply #3
Neat little car...

I'd have been more impressed if it went say 6.70s... A friend I raced with has a '88 Sport Bird, that with a 331 runs 6.90s in the 1/8mi(I believe 6.89 best)...  Yeah it has lighter seats, glass cowl hood and missing power options, but still has full dash, power sunroof etc... Has cage and no doubt still weighs 3K+ lbs...

Reply #4
Impressive transformation, yet still a "sleeper".  Was the sedan a donor of some sort?  Is the coupe using a narrowed 9" or dana (swapped a 5 lug for the original Mitsubishi 4 lug)?  Sounds like a fun car, without needing a cage.

Daniel

Reply #5
I believe the rear is a 4.73?? something along that line
I was misleading the thread,,
the guy traded a mod'ed truck for the complete blue colt and a fully running stock 4door colt of the same year.
I wanted to show the idea of "before" and "After".

notice the gas tank access has been removed and blended, nice work everywhere except the Elec water pump,, needs another brace,,, small stuff

Reply #6
Where do they race these days in WV??

Only track I'm aware of is up RT 35 between Charleston and Point Pleasant...

Reply #7
this is down in Hillsville VA,, a coupe tracks down here
we went to a labor day famous flea market for 4 solid days.......... got lots of goodies, picked up a radio i need to call you about.  Its a Heliocrafters.

Reply #8
Quote from: jcassity;457133
this is down in Hillsville VA,, a coupe tracks down here
we went to a labor day famous flea market for 4 solid days.......... got lots of goodies, picked up a radio i need to call you about.  Its a Heliocrafters.

LOL, I'll bet it's a Hallicrafters...