Skip to main content
Topic: Wuck You, Finter!!!! (Read 17351 times) previous topic - next topic

Wuck You, Finter!!!!

Reply #75
This latest storm that hit New England is being pushed away from us by an arctic high. Never so glad to see cold weather in my life...
2015 Mustang GT Premium - 5.0, 6-speed, Guard Green - too much awesome for one car

1988 5.0 Thunderbird :birdsmily: SOLD SEPT 11 2010: TC front clip/hood ♣ Body & paint completed Oct 2007 ♣ 3.55 TC rear end and front brakes ♣ TC interior ♣ CHE rear control arms (adjustable lowers) ♣ 2001 Bullitt springs ♣ Energy suspension poly busings ♣ Kenne Brown subframe connectors ♣ CWE engine mounts ♣ Thundercat sequential turn signals ♣ Explorer overhead console (temp/compass display) ♣ 2.25" off-road dual exhaust ♣ T-5 transmission swap completed Jan 2009 ♣

Wuck You, Finter!!!!

Reply #76
56* F, supposed to hit 60 for the high.

Meet me at the pool. Got margaritas and cold brews. LOL.

Weird, being this warm...ponds are still frozen over.

In 2008, one day in February it was 73 degrees here. Nicole and I went out on the four wheeler and got plumb muddy. Week after that, we had 3 inches of snow and then freezing rain.

Somebody give Mother Nature some prozac...bitch be trippin'.
'84 Mustang
'98 Explorer 5.0
'03 Focus, dropped a valve seat. yay. freakin' split port engines...
'06 Explorer EB 4.6

Wuck You, Finter!!!!

Reply #77
32 degrees right now, feels like a heat wave. Sad, considering "normal" for this time of year is 37.

Beau, talking about freak weather: It was 74 degrees and raining here on Christmas day.  We didn't have a flake of snow on the ground until January 28. Then all hell broke loose, and we got an entire winter's worth of snow in four weeks. January and February were both much, much colder than normal.
2015 Mustang GT Premium - 5.0, 6-speed, Guard Green - too much awesome for one car

1988 5.0 Thunderbird :birdsmily: SOLD SEPT 11 2010: TC front clip/hood ♣ Body & paint completed Oct 2007 ♣ 3.55 TC rear end and front brakes ♣ TC interior ♣ CHE rear control arms (adjustable lowers) ♣ 2001 Bullitt springs ♣ Energy suspension poly busings ♣ Kenne Brown subframe connectors ♣ CWE engine mounts ♣ Thundercat sequential turn signals ♣ Explorer overhead console (temp/compass display) ♣ 2.25" off-road dual exhaust ♣ T-5 transmission swap completed Jan 2009 ♣

Wuck You, Finter!!!!

Reply #78
It's crazy, for sure. I did a quick look at the extended forecast for here, looks like mid 50's, close to 60 for the high for the next few days, and lows in the mid to upper 30's. Maybe winter finally had it's run. Hopin' so.

I'd hoped to have been able to get outside today and accomplish some stuff, but we had 2 sets of people show up to look at puppies, and the one family stayed and hung out with us for a couple of hours. My wife talks to the other gal on instagram on a dog "group" or whatever...was actually fun, hanging out with new people. I'm usually pretty introverted, but me and the other guy got on pretty good...he's a car guy too, and is also into guns. They'll be back in a couple of weeks to get their pup, as they went ahead and paid for him.

Oh, we have 9 Boxer puppies...this is the second and last litter we're going to work with. It's fun and makes a little coin, but it's almost a full time job when they get around 4-5 weeks. These guys are 6 weeks tomorrow.

I think they're pretty cute little shiznits, but I will be glad when they're all gone to new homes. On a side note, I've hurt myself, must have pulled something in my back yesterday when I was getting the door off of that Mountaineer in the yard...my lower right side and back and hip are all sore as hell...bad enough that I don't want to lay down on that side. The pain is bad enough that tylenol and ibuprofen both only take the edge off. Oh well...comes with age I suppose.

The ed mud is nearly as obnoxious as the snow...it's dry, and has been windy the last two days..heard the local fire siren 4 times today....crews going out to fight brush and grass fires.
'84 Mustang
'98 Explorer 5.0
'06 Explorer EB 4.6

Wuck You, Finter!!!!

Reply #79
I took the shovels away from next to my front door today and put them in my shed.  That's the unofficial end of winter in my house.

Oh and this:

Yup.  Finally drove the  car again.  The main roads and a good portion of the side roads are clear -- salt has been washed away by a few rains now.  Some of the side roads still have some sand in the area.  Mounds of snow in parking lots still exist as evidenced by the photo.
-- 05 Mustang GT-Whipplecharged !!
--87 5.0 Trick Flow Heads & Intake - Custom Cam - Many other goodies...3100Lbs...Low12's!

Wuck You, Finter!!!!

Reply #80
Paul...we had 84 degrees yesterday. That is all. :rollin:
'84 Mustang
'98 Explorer 5.0
'06 Explorer EB 4.6

Wuck You, Finter!!!!

Reply #81
Quote from: ThunderbirdSport302;446244
Paul...we had 84 degrees yesterday. That is all. :rollin:

Them's fightin' werdz!!!

Hopefully it'll be that nice soon.  It's windy as hell today.
--87 5.0 Trick Flow Heads & Intake - Custom Cam - Many other goodies...3100Lbs...Low12's!

Wuck You, Finter!!!!

Reply #82
We had 70s yesterday and 50s today. The weather doesn't know what it wants to do this time of year.

Wuck You, Finter!!!!

Reply #83
Yeah, it's definitely not 80 today LOL.

Windy, it is. Jesus...it's like the big ed wind tunnel at G.E., LOL.

We've got nightcrawlers popping out of the ground at night...saw a robin yesterday. Spring is jusssssstttttt about to pop.

A guy on my FB tilled his garden yesterday. My ground is far too wet still. In any case, I need to disc it with my tractor first, and I'd rather let it get really dry first. No sense in packing or clodding up the garden.

Just think, in 2 months, we'll all be bitching about the heat and humidity. ;)
'84 Mustang
'98 Explorer 5.0
'06 Explorer EB 4.6

Wuck You, Finter!!!!

Reply #84
Yeah, well fvck you. Fvck you all. We were hammered with 35cm (14") just two days ago. And now, in honour of St. Pat's day?

X

X

I don't even know where I'm going to pile it. The snow banks surrounding my driveway are anywhere between 10-12 feet tall. I just spent the last two hours with the snowblower trying to push some of those snow banks back so I'll have a place to put tonight/tomorrow's dumping. Bitter? Me?

Wuck You, Finter!!!!

Reply #85
My condolences, Carm.

May I send you a pic of the shoots of fresh green grass poking out of the ground? How about the poppy flowers that are starting to leaf out?

And those daffodil shoots, too. Maple trees all have huge buds...probably leafing out next week.

Out in my hayfield, I got the Mountaineer stuck. Wow, left some deep ruts, and just about got my tractor stuck as well. Note that I have my front driveshaft out for a rebuild, so I was 2wd-ing it...ass end dropped down, and the tach and speedo spun up. I shut 'er off and started walking toward the house. Wife wasn't thrilled, and it was all for naught...we lost a dog that night. Sadly, it was one of the puppies...poor thing.

I'm ready for lawn mowing and tornado watches..
'84 Mustang
'98 Explorer 5.0
'06 Explorer EB 4.6

Wuck You, Finter!!!!

Reply #86
It was sunny 72* here yesterday. Today it's 42* and sunny. Winds came through last night and cooled everything down. Boo. The Thunderbird hasn't been out of the garage since November 1st, The Mustang December 1st. I need to get them out again.
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

Wuck You, Finter!!!!

Reply #87
Remember this from a few weeks ago?
Quote from: Thunder Chicken;445054
We're supposed to get a bunch of rain tomorrow. Should go well with the three feet of snow that has fallen over the last two weeks.

Hard to believe it, but there's a Chrysler 300 in this photo somewhere...
X

Same shot, after yesterday's storm:

X

We ended up with over 90cm (~36") of snow. Two days after 35cm (~14") fell. The roads are now tunnels.

Wuck You, Finter!!!!

Reply #88
And here I am complaining that it's 45* outside (after being 65* Sunday and 72* Monday).

You win. What's even worse is that it's almost April.....
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

Wuck You, Finter!!!!

Reply #89
The car is under there?