Skip to main content
Topic: Farmingdale High School Charity car show. (Read 5845 times) previous topic - next topic

Farmingdale High School Charity car show.

Would've taken the cat, but she was dirteeeeeee.....

Enjoy....

The full Flickr account is here:  https://secure.flickr.com/photos/v8demon/
-- 05 Mustang GT-Whipplecharged !!
--87 5.0 Trick Flow Heads & Intake - Custom Cam - Many other goodies...3100Lbs...Low12's!

Reply #1
Someone should tell the guy with the El Camino that he can't have a "Turbo Jet" unless it's a big block. No small blocks were ever called "Turbo Jet".
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

Reply #2
Great pics and your pretty good with a camera !!!
Never drive faster than your guardian angel can fly.
:birdsmily: :birdsmily: :birdsmily::birdsmily: 
  [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
:birdsmily: :birdsmily: :birdsmily::birdsmily:
1983 base model,1969 302 (originally a v6),upraded c5,currently 30,441 original miles.

Reply #3
I love the Torino with the BBF poking up out of the engine bay.  Definitely not something you see very often!
'88 'bird, 10.9:1 306 w/TFS top end, forged rods/pistons, T-5 swap & bunch of other stuff, 1-family owned, had it since ‘98, 5.0tbrd88 on Instagram and YouTube

Reply #4
Quote from: thunderjet302;434051
Someone should tell the guy with the El Camino that he can't have a "Turbo Jet" unless it's a big block. No small blocks were ever called "Turbo Jet".

I see a lot of guys that do things like this.  Nothing overboard, just a small thing that may irk a purist or two.  I think many of them do it to show what they feel is their own interpretation of what could have been.  Perhaps the car legitimately HAS 425 HP, crank or wheel.  It's not like so many out there that are just littered with badges for the heck of it.

I want the Honda bike.....Good condition ones are on ebay for about $4k
-- 05 Mustang GT-Whipplecharged !!
--87 5.0 Trick Flow Heads & Intake - Custom Cam - Many other goodies...3100Lbs...Low12's!

Reply #5
Quote from: V8Demon;434084
I see a lot of guys that do things like this.  Nothing overboard, just a small thing that may irk a purist or two.  I think many of them do it to show what they feel is their own interpretation of what could have been.  Perhaps the car legitimately HAS 425 HP, crank or wheel.  It's not like so many out there that are just littered with badges for the heck of it.

I want the Honda bike.....Good condition ones are on ebay for about $4k

Could be. If I had 425hp or more I wouldn't be flaunting it. Sleeper is more fun ;).
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

Reply #6
NICE PICTURES, WOW.  I wonder why my High School never had a car show.  One of the other high schools used to host the Lion Club's car show untill a impromptu burnout contest got hairy and a few cars were wrecked when one "contestant" lost control and crashed.  Now NO more cars shows at Valley Central.  Again, AWESOME Pictures.
Love Foxes, Birds or Stangs.

Reply #7
I want that Grand Torino !! or at least a 2dr like it to build :evilgrin:

86' T/C 4.6L DOHC
16' Chebby Cruze 1.4L Turbo
17’ Peterbilt 389 600hp 1850ftlb Trq 18spd

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Heavy Metal Mistress”
[/COLOR][/SIZE]

Reply #8
I am a sucker for those early to mid 70s Torinos myself. They have a solid chassis and suspension and you could stick any engine you want into them.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
86 T-Bird V6 C5
91 F-150 5.0L 5spd
93 Mustang LX 351C C4
2013 Honda CRV AWD

Reply #9
That Honda Trail 70 brings back memories, I had one way back in '69 or '70. Mine was greenish/blue in color.
Looks like a nice gathering.
Rick
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
1988 T/C body with a 5.0 transplant. Motor has a Vortech V-2 supercharger, Edlebrock Performer RPM II intake, heads, FRPP F-303 cam, Comp Cams roller rockers, Power Pipe, LMAF, full Mac exhaust, lowered, Koni's, 5 lug conversion, Cobra wheels, 13" Cobra brakes, etc.
SOLD September 2020. Will miss this car after 19 years of building/driving/showing it off. Time for a new chapter in my life.
Dynoed 446 horse/409 torque at the wheels.
2003 Tenth Anniversary Cobra Convertible. 1 of 369 Torch Red made.
2021 Chevrolet 3500 dually, crew cab Duramax.