Skip to main content
Topic: Ignition Switch Installation (Read 1056 times) previous topic - next topic

Ignition Switch Installation

With all the tips by you guys yesterday I went and purchased the ignition switch at Advanced Auto Parts for 10 bucks!! w00t

Anyways...

my service manual is rather hard to understand what its saying about the ignition switch installation.

Anyone have an easy way of doing this???

Thanks in advance... hopefully this might fix my problem. I like my new daily driver but I'm missin the cougar.

Re: Ignition Switch Installation

Reply #1
It's about a 15 minute job. Take the column shroud off and you'll see the switch. Unbolt it (you'll need special "tamper proof" torx bits), unplug it, plug your new one in, and bolt it on. Just make sure the little pin coming out of the lock cylinder lines up with the slot in the switch's slider mechanism when you bolt it on (the key may have to be in "run" to do this).
2015 Mustang GT Premium - 5.0, 6-speed, Guard Green - too much awesome for one car

1988 5.0 Thunderbird :birdsmily: SOLD SEPT 11 2010: TC front clip/hood ♣ Body & paint completed Oct 2007 ♣ 3.55 TC rear end and front brakes ♣ TC interior ♣ CHE rear control arms (adjustable lowers) ♣ 2001 Bullitt springs ♣ Energy suspension poly busings ♣ Kenne Brown subframe connectors ♣ CWE engine mounts ♣ Thundercat sequential turn signals ♣ Explorer overhead console (temp/compass display) ♣ 2.25" off-road dual exhaust ♣ T-5 transmission swap completed Jan 2009 ♣