Skip to main content
Topic: Just another XR7 photo shoot! (Read 3188 times) previous topic - next topic

Just another XR7 photo shoot!

It was time to throw on some more pictures of the ride. So I ran out today and snapped a few.
1988 Mercury cougar XR7- 302 bored .030 over, gt40p heads, F303, AlexsParts spring and seal kit, explorer upper and lower intake, 70mm tb, maf conversion, 75mm maf, fenderwell cai, 24 lb injectors, T5 conversion, bbk h pipe, Slp lm, 3.73 rear, 4 wheel disc conversion, 5 lug conversion. :D :D

Reply #1
XX
1988 Mercury cougar XR7- 302 bored .030 over, gt40p heads, F303, AlexsParts spring and seal kit, explorer upper and lower intake, 70mm tb, maf conversion, 75mm maf, fenderwell cai, 24 lb injectors, T5 conversion, bbk h pipe, Slp lm, 3.73 rear, 4 wheel disc conversion, 5 lug conversion. :D :D

Reply #2
Kinda sinister looking. Nice car.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #3
Haha, thanks Vinnie. Still needs a lot of tlc and $$$$....but she's coming along

Reply #4
Trust me, I understand. Mine is still a work in progress as wel. No funds for the car has really killed me. I am at a point where I can step away and let the car be for a while. Which is nice. Keep up the good work, one piece at a time.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #5
Toss out some other shots of the car....interior, engine....

Reply #6
Needs more shiny paint ;)
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

Reply #7
Yeah, I can do that. Next time I go over I'll get some more snaps.

Reply #8
Quote from: thunderjet302;453049
Needs more shiny paint ;)

Haha, yeah it definitely does! Paint and then window tint in a bad way! Unfortunately,mthose will be last steps I think.

Reply #9
I like it.  Is it matte black paint?
Mike

Reply #10
Um, it is the factory black paint, touched up with some spots of rustoleum's black furniture repair paint. It was more matte that gloss. I thought so anyways. It may be a semi-gloss, but it seems more matte. The entire hood was an off black, so I rattle canned it with that rustoleum stuff I had laying around and hit the front fenders and some othe bad spots. It definitely needs a "real" paint job eventually. Lol

Reply #11
Nice XR7!  There's a lot to be said for not-perfect paint!  Lots less headaches and no fear to drive and enjoy it!
'88 'bird, 10.9:1 306 w/TFS top end, forged rods/pistons, T-5 swap & bunch of other stuff, 1-family owned, had it since ‘98, 5.0tbrd88 on Instagram and YouTube