Skip to main content
Topic: Noise from driver side front (Read 2636 times) previous topic - next topic

Noise from driver side front

Reply #15
one other thing,,
dont be fooled by a pop noise until you first verify all your plastic fender skirt and other cosmetic splash guard plastic parts are not binding up when the car dips.

check the plastic skirt that loops around the sway bar primarily as these tend to tweak over time.

Reply #16
another thing
to isolate which area pops or squeeks,
spray wd-40 on one area at a time and repeat drive in an area where noise occures.
repeat and add lube until you notice noise is gone.
let us know which area the lubrication made the  noise go away.

This did not work for me because my problem was not CA bushing related.  It was a loose support arm that went across the oil pan tied to each side of the k member.
it was g me off because i used up a whole can of lube and it didnt do . come to find out , the lubrication trick was correct as i had not yet reached the problem area.

Reply #17
thanks for the help cassity, its been raining all day but when it clears up ill be sure to keep you posted.

:)

Reply #18
Alright well its nice out so I've been screwing around, after taking the stabilizer link off, and backing the car up 4 feet, i hear the noise again, so thats ruled out.

I check the kmember support and it appears tight, Should i be checking it jacked up or on the ground? Would it make a difference? I tried to tighten it up, I got maybe 1/4 turn out of it, nothing serious. The noise appears to be gone,  but it wen't away once before, and then came back.

Reply #19
Check your sway bar bushing (the ones that mount the bar to the frame).

Reply #20
***no hijack intended, but I am having a seemingly identical problem with X.  The sound started after I replaced the front struts.
So... I am following this thread closely.  jcassity, that is a good list to start with, thanks.

Keep us posted jpc647!  Cheers!!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Operation: X Marks the Spot
5.0L SEFI, AOD, 8.8" 3.02 TracLok - All Stock

Reply #21
yeah after the strut mount replacement, the squeak went away, but then came back aftera day,.. turns out my steering rack is squeaking a lot!!!!
[/IMG]
Just enjoyin the ride!!!!

Reply #22
What are the ball joints like?Are they originals?
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #23
Quote from: cougarXLS;275469
***no hijack intended, but I am having a seemingly identical problem with X.  The sound started after I replaced the front struts.
So... I am following this thread closely.  jcassity, that is a good list to start with, thanks.

Keep us posted jpc647!  Cheers!!

a few things i dug up for this thread. read em all front to back, good info and advice from others.

http://www.foxtbirdcougarforums.com/showthread.php?t=16294

http://www.foxtbirdcougarforums.com/showthread.php?t=1816

http://www.foxtbirdcougarforums.com/showthread.php?t=18791