Skip to main content
Topic: Might be parting out my 88 Thunderbird Turbo Coupe (Read 1013 times) previous topic - next topic

Might be parting out my 88 Thunderbird Turbo Coupe

I have a 1988 Thunderbird Turbo Coupe. My dad has had 63 and 64 Impalas as far back as I can remember and now hes talking about selling his 63 to rebuild his 64 so I might be selling or parting out my Turbo Coupe so I can give him a down payment. So if any of you 2.3 ford guys are looking for any parts please let me know. It's a complete car that's in relatively good shape though the interior is kinda rough and whoever drove the car before I got it obviously didn't baby the car. Also the brakes don't work. I was told it needs calipers, rotors and pads but I don't know for sure. Despite all that it does have many usable parts. I also have quite a few performance pars as well as a new brake booster that I never had the chance to put on. I don't have any pics yet but if it turns out I'm for sure going to part it out and it seems I'll be able to get rid of some parts I'll get some pics, if not I'll keep it and drop in a 5.0 and go from there. lol!

Reply #1
Yes,need pics.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #2
Either you are or you aren't selling....

Pick one please.
Long live the 4-eyes!  - '83 Tbird Turbo

Reply #3
do have a center console with a plate for that stick/
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
88 5.0L aod with duel flowmaster and speedo mod
88 5.0L H.O with 5 speed R.I.P
87 3.8L no trans. geting h.o and 5speed (project never ending thunder) started it as of 8-14-10
96 bronco xl 5.0L 5 speed man4x4
:birdsmily:

Reply #4
Yes but I don't know what kinda shape its in I'll have to check next time I go out there.

Reply #5
Interior color? Exterior color? Pics?
-- 05 Mustang GT-Whipplecharged !!
--87 5.0 Trick Flow Heads & Intake - Custom Cam - Many other goodies...3100Lbs...Low12's!

Reply #6
pm sent

Reply #7
Ok so heres whats going on. My T-Bird is in rough shape so I'm keeping all the parts I bought for it and some of the good parts that are on it (and if I can I'm pulling the engine). But unless some one near Lincoln or Warren county Missouri want to come pick it up the rest of the car is getting sed and hopefully I'm gonna find another turbo 2.3 ford thats in better shape. Im probably only keeping engine parts from the car so if anyone is looking for anything else let me know and I'll see if those parts are any good.

Reply #8
What color/condition is the dash?

Reply #9
Honestly the interior is really rough the dash has the whole spiderweb affect going on.

Reply #10
My $.02, fix the TC and junk the Impalas.
1987 Turbo Coupe - Son's car
1987 Super Coupe - Son's project car
1934 Ford - My project car

Reply #11
Interior Color???

Reply #13
I need the header panel for my 88' TC. Thanks, Michael