Skip to main content
Topic: New guy (Read 6049 times) previous topic - next topic

New guy

New here, but not to Cougars!

X

Currently have a '68......looking to add an '88 XR7.......

New guy

Reply #1
Sweet ride.  You put that thing together yourself?  Got any interior pics?
84 TurboCoupe with 302 .010 over - 9.8 : 1 Forged Pistons - Edlebrock Goodies:  Aluminum Heads #6037, Intake #3821, 65mm TBI/EGR #3824/3827, Camshaft #3722 -  Interactive System & Technologies Mass Air with 24# Injectors - A9L - 3g Alternator - BBK shorties, Cat Converter H-pipe, Magniflow lers - World Class T5 1352-169 (1986, V8, WC, 3.15 3.35 1.93 1.29 1.00 0.68) OEM Clutch Cable - 7.5 Trac Lock with 3.08 and slapper bars from 82 Mustang.

New guy

Reply #2
Dang, that looks great, nice stance

New guy

Reply #3
Now that's how you make an introduction! :cool:    Welcome.
87 Tbird LX w/Factory floor shifter:D   3G upgrade. Tinted Windows...85 Mustang GT steering wheel(non-cruise) 17'' Saleen SC style wheels,Front/Rear TC sway bars/poly bushings & Mustang GT steering rack...'05 Mustang V6 springs...93 Cobra MC & booster, MM adjustable C/C plates,  Work  In  Progress.......  ( On The Shelf---HO computer, 19lb injectors, HO cam, BBK headers, Explorer Intake, Cold Air Intake ,Phantom Gauges, Stinger stainless exhaust pipes )
 S O L D

New guy

Reply #4
Very cool Cat!

Go Fast the first time.  The tickets the same.
86 Thunderbird 5.0.  All original good weather driver. Tbird Reg #53035
86 Thunderbird TC.  All original good weather driver.  Tbird Reg # 58555
87 Thunderbird TC.  All original good weather daily driver.  Tbird Reg # 64647

New guy

Reply #5
Welcome
41 Dodge Luxury Liner Sedan
78 F-100 2wd flareside
84Turbo Coupe
84 Thunderbird Élan
85 Thunderbird 3.8
88 Turbo Coupe
88 Mustang GT
90 Stang LX 5.0 5spd
93 F-150 4x4 ext cab
96 Mustang GT
98 Mustang GT
99 SVT Cobra
06 Fusion SEL
14 Fusion Sport

New guy

Reply #6
Nice!! Welcome...

In almost five decades of vehicle ownership, a '68 GTE is only Cougar I've ever owned... Yeah wish I'd never sold it...

New guy

Reply #7
Such a beautiful ride.

86' T/C 4.6L DOHC
16' Chebby Cruze 1.4L Turbo
17’ Peterbilt 389 600hp 1850ftlb Trq 18spd

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Heavy Metal Mistress”
[/COLOR][/SIZE]

New guy

Reply #8
Thanks for the welcome! 

Yes, did the resto myself, all but the floorpan replacement.  Didn't have a welder then.  DIY'd the paint in my garage.

Still some work to do on the interior, and it's also currently undergoing an engine swap.  Popped the 302 in May, so, perfect time to upgrade to a stroked 351W.

New guy

Reply #9
Loving the bullitts!
'88 Thunderbird LX
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Engine:  FR B303 cam, GT40P heads w/ Trickflow valve springs, Explorer upper/lower intake, SR cold air intake w/ MAF
Exhaust:  shorty headers, BBK O-R X-pipe, glasspacks w/ turn downs
Misc:  8.8 rear, Saleen SC replicas 17x8/17x10, Mach 1 front springs/SN95 rear springs
&
'74 F100 Custom 351W

New guy

Reply #10
Thanks!  They're actually a mismatched set(front to back), fronts being American Racing, and the backs being Coys C5's.  I ordered the AR's first, because they listed the back size I wanted, and NOBODY else did.  Well, after 3 months, I call and ask where my wheels are......."Oh, that's just a test number/size, to see if we SHOULD make that size.....".......So, I cancelled my non-existent order, tried to get them to take the fronts back with no re-stock(wouldn't, since THEY had mounted the tires to them already......), and ordered the Coys.  One of these days, I'll get the Coys on front to match.

New guy

Reply #11
Nice car! Are you familiar with the Mid-America Classic Cougar Club? Here's a pic from a club gathering a couple of weeks ago in Sapulpa.

X

New guy

Reply #12
Quote from: cj750;450841
Nice car! Are you familiar with the Mid-America Classic Cougar Club? Here's a pic from a club gathering a couple of weeks ago in Sapulpa.

Yes, I have their membership application in my email ready to fill out.  Soon as the new motor is in, I'll hit an event with them.

New guy

Reply #13
I can't make it, but I know they're planning on partiting in the Ford-Powered show Sept. 19th at the Jenks Aquarium. If your car is ready, I'm sure you'd be welcome.

New guy

Reply #14
Nice.  Hadn't heard about that show. 

When I find myself an '88, I'm gonna have to do a side-by-side shot like the one you posted earlier......:y: