Skip to main content
Topic: '94 mustang gt convertible springs... (Read 1669 times) previous topic - next topic

'94 mustang gt convertible springs...

anybody have any info as to whether they'll fit an 88 cougar ls? i found some in the boneyard for 100, but am doing more research before i go and buy them, and was hoping ya'll, in your infinite wisdom, would know. :D
:cougarsmily:5.0 HO, E303 cam, Exploder/Cobra intake, smog pump delete, Ford Taurus electric fan, MAF conversion, BBK headers, MAC 2.5" off-road exhaust w/x-pipe, AOD w/shift kit, 8.8 Trac-Loc rear w/disc brakes, 5-lug conversion w/'98 Mustang GT 17" wheels, Mach 1 springs:cougarsmily:

Reply #1
I believe Chuck runs the rears.
1986 Cougar LS

Reply #2
oooh... sweet. the rears were sitting in the trunk. :)
:cougarsmily:5.0 HO, E303 cam, Exploder/Cobra intake, smog pump delete, Ford Taurus electric fan, MAF conversion, BBK headers, MAC 2.5" off-road exhaust w/x-pipe, AOD w/shift kit, 8.8 Trac-Loc rear w/disc brakes, 5-lug conversion w/'98 Mustang GT 17" wheels, Mach 1 springs:cougarsmily:

Reply #3
I tried them in my tc but they were too low for my taste. I ended up using moog cargo coils.  they gave me a good stance.

Reply #4
A hundred bucks?Holy  !!! I pay $20.00 a pair here for them.Crazy price differences I guess.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #5
I should think the rears would be about 3" too short. I've got Mustang springs in my car (Bullitt springs, actually) and had to adjust my CHE arms almost as high as they go
2015 Mustang GT Premium - 5.0, 6-speed, Guard Green - too much awesome for one car

1988 5.0 Thunderbird :birdsmily: SOLD SEPT 11 2010: TC front clip/hood ♣ Body & paint completed Oct 2007 ♣ 3.55 TC rear end and front brakes ♣ TC interior ♣ CHE rear control arms (adjustable lowers) ♣ 2001 Bullitt springs ♣ Energy suspension poly busings ♣ Kenne Brown subframe connectors ♣ CWE engine mounts ♣ Thundercat sequential turn signals ♣ Explorer overhead console (temp/compass display) ♣ 2.25" off-road dual exhaust ♣ T-5 transmission swap completed Jan 2009 ♣

Reply #6
SN-95 Vert springs in the rear with LOWERED LCA mounting points.

Long live the 4-eyes!  - '83 Tbird Turbo

Reply #7
How much of that Mustang was left? I've got a 94 V6 that could use a few parts. Marianna's only an hour away, cold drinks are on me....

Reply #8
Quote from: Chuck W;258671
SN-95 Vert springs in the rear with LOWERED LCA mounting points.

Chuck, are the 83-86 any different, or are the convrtible springs longer than other SN95's? If I'd used stock height LCA's with my Bullitt springs my rear axle would've been on the bump stops. They were a good 3" shorter than the stock T-Bird springs...
2015 Mustang GT Premium - 5.0, 6-speed, Guard Green - too much awesome for one car

1988 5.0 Thunderbird :birdsmily: SOLD SEPT 11 2010: TC front clip/hood ♣ Body & paint completed Oct 2007 ♣ 3.55 TC rear end and front brakes ♣ TC interior ♣ CHE rear control arms (adjustable lowers) ♣ 2001 Bullitt springs ♣ Energy suspension poly busings ♣ Kenne Brown subframe connectors ♣ CWE engine mounts ♣ Thundercat sequential turn signals ♣ Explorer overhead console (temp/compass display) ♣ 2.25" off-road dual exhaust ♣ T-5 transmission swap completed Jan 2009 ♣

Reply #9
Quote from: Thunder Chicken;258705
Chuck, are the 83-86 any different, or are the convrtible springs longer than other SN95's? If I'd used stock height LCA's with my Bullitt springs my rear axle would've been on the bump stops. They were a good 3" shorter than the stock T-Bird springs...

I don't think the Bullitt springs are anything at all like the normal SN-95 rear springs.  The SN-95 ones are only a touch shorter than the stock Tbird/Cougar ones.  The Bullitts are more like the C-Kits, which are WAAYY too short for use in a Tbird/Cougar.
Long live the 4-eyes!  - '83 Tbird Turbo

Reply #10
Quote from: doodaa;258681
How much of that Mustang was left? I've got a 94 V6 that could use a few parts. Marianna's only an hour away, cold drinks are on me....

i still ain't changed my location. moved to austin, tx a couple months ago. where were you a year ago?! lol. i've been surrounded by yankees on this forum. lol. i say that in a loving manner!:D

Reply #11
I've been around more than a year, just haven't done anything much with the car...... I live near Vernon. I think I told you about a red Cougar sitting along SR79 over here? or maybe that was after you left for TX?

There's a couple over in FWB area. I met Lakenheath the other day when I bought a rear end from one of his parts cars. Based on that there may even be enough of us in this part of the world for a decent meet.

Reply #12
Quote from: Chuck W;258709
I don't think the Bullitt springs are anything at all like the normal SN-95 rear springs.  The SN-95 ones are only a touch shorter than the stock Tbird/Cougar ones.  The Bullitts are more like the C-Kits, which are WAAYY too short for use in a Tbird/Cougar.
Ahh, that 'splains it :D

Reply #13
Quote from: Chuck W;258671
SN-95 Vert springs in the rear with LOWERED LCA mounting points...

Just for clarification... these are V6 vert springs? This is the look i was shooting for and already have those wheels for it if I can figure out how to steal them from my girlfriend's Mustang or see that $200 96-98 Cobra set at Moultrie again this year. ;) How much are the LCA mounts lowered?

Also what struts and shocks are you running with it? I assume there are C/C plates under there too?

Reply #14
excuse me chuck  i just wanted to know if your car is a v6 or v8 and also are thos springs for a v6 or 8 what are lca mounting points

my 86 bird is a v6 and i was wondering if i would get the same stance as yours with the 94 vert springs

thanx for helping