Skip to main content
Topic: *chest puffed out* (Read 1594 times) previous topic - next topic

*chest puffed out*

I'm so proud of myself, I actually fixed my old digital camera, nothing special but I paid a few hundred bucks for it a few years ago I still believe it has some life left. It took a hard fall last spring, popped the zoom lens out, broke the battery door and some other nasty stuff, I forced the lense back in but it still wouldnt work, once you put batteries in it would zoom the lense out then in and shut down.

I decided tonight to give it one last hurrah before sending it to its grave (the target practice box) grabbed the soldering iron and my box of itsy bitsy screwdrivers and had at'er.

Found a couple broken solder joints on that flat wire strip stuff (I'm not that electronically abled ok!) and worked my way around that, found the missing lense hold-in-pin-thingy jamming the lense from closing all the way, pryed it out and put it back where its supposed to be. soldered the lcd screen, flash, capacitor back in, popped it back together and Shazam! it actually worked! the zoom was a bit slow at first but is smoothening out, probabally got disformed from the lense popping in and out a few times.

Anyway the little lady is sleeping and I had to brag to someone, sorry :p

I also found out that it is impossible to take a picture of a cat with its eyes open, over a dozen tries and he blinked for them all! the red eye reduction just confuses him so I gave up.

Scott

PS Finally downloaded IrfanView, awesome program, from what I heard I just assumed it was MS paint by another name, I was so wrong.
1980 birds X 3, 1982 bird, 1984 XR7, 1988 TC

*chest puffed out*

Reply #1
Congrats. At least you did something good. Our microwave quit working and the wife was going to buy a new one. I said, "It's only 15 years old, I'll try and fix it." I took it apart and found a blown fuse. I replaced the fuse and it's still working. That was over 5 years ago and she's still mad at me. Guess I should've bought her a microwave for Christmas, huh?
1987 Turbo Coupe - Son's car
1987 Super Coupe - Son's project car
1934 Ford - My project car

*chest puffed out*

Reply #2
the new microwaves are garbage, i'd keep the old one, then again both my toaster and microwave are almost 20 years old and work like a charm (Theyre starting to come back into style!) S i'm biased

Scott
1980 birds X 3, 1982 bird, 1984 XR7, 1988 TC