Skip to main content
Topic: My 1988 Base 5.0 (Read 1257 times) previous topic - next topic

My 1988 Base 5.0

I thought I has posted pics. here before, so here are some I took this summer.

My 1988 Base 5.0

Reply #2
never seen louvers for a fox tbird, where did you find them?

My 1988 Base 5.0

Reply #3
that looks bad ass man!
1988 Thunderbird sport
2004 Ford F150 Lariat
2008  Chevrolet Cobalt Sport
2007 Suzuki DR-Z400S dual sport/Supermoto
1988 Thunderbird LX - sold
1988 Mercury Cougar XR-7 with GST kit - gone

My 1988 Base 5.0

Reply #4
I think I've had them since 93 or 94. A guy approached me at a car show who had totaled his TC, he was able to take them off the car before the ins. co. took it. He ask me if I'd be interested in them and since I had been wanting a set I told him most defenately! I've only seen one other Bird in my area with them and that's been years, so they're a rare find these days.

My 1988 Base 5.0

Reply #6
Here's some engine shots. I need to take new ones because I have cermanic headers now and the look alot better! I also switched to black 9mm plug wires. If you can make it out check out the intake cover plate.

My 1988 Base 5.0

Reply #7
I LIKE IT!! 

What make hood is that??  I also like the two tone dark grey.  Mine is dark grey and I may black out the top where yours is also darker.

I never thought about headlight covers...may have to find a set.  Where did you get yours?
1988 T-Bird Sport Coupe--5.0 HO, MAF swap, 1-5/8" shorties, BBK/Flowmaster exhaust, Explorer intake, 70mm Edelbrock TB, T5, B&M short throw, Centerforce clutch and PP, disc brake TC rear w/ 3.55's, TC front brakes, '98 Cobra springs, DIY SFC's, other misc .  14.05 @ 98mph with launching too low and shifting too high.

My 1988 Base 5.0

Reply #8
The hood came from usbody.com, it thier 3" cowl induction dominator hood. The top is actually black, it's been repainted but it's the original colors. I got the headlight covers from Summit Racing. I would imagine you can still get them.

My 1988 Base 5.0

Reply #9
Definately a role model car for new owners.

My 1988 Base 5.0

Reply #11
What did you take the T-bird logo off of for the upper plenum?
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

My 1988 Base 5.0

Reply #12
That was one of the rear pillar emblems. I had replaced them with new ones and kept the old ones in case I found another use for them. I also painted it black so it would show up better. You like?